Canadian Tire disc? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Canadian Tire disc?
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:59 AM
Hey,
many people here with a j-body that bought there front rotor from canadian tire (Premium ATE Brand 1st quality) seem to have all the same problem.. "Warped" disc. Is it a jbody problem or the disc from canadian tire are big crap? Cause im tired of shaking when i brake.

Re: Canadian Tire disc?
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 12:44 PM
Its an issue with most cheap disks from china these days. They're taking the nickel out of the alloy for the rotors in order to cut costs. And low nickel alloy rotors actually will warp. Otherwise pulsing brakes is actually from uneven pad material build up on the brake disks, and thats normally caused by not bedding your brakes properly.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:06 PM
Leafy pulsation is caused by build up of rust between the rotor and hub and sometimes heat in cases of hard braking or bad componets like calipers, hardware or hoses. I have seen many cases with people putting on new rotors without properly cleaning the rust off the hubs and guess what ? The pusation comes right back and people blame it on cheap rotors when fact is most people dont have a clue how to do a proper brake job.If you have lots of material tranfering to your rotors it is more likely a harware issue.

Thursday, March 31, 2011 6:19 PM
that is quite true Todd, If youre gonna do a brake job do things right. Ive got cheapo rotors they work no problems. No sure the quality is there. But usually bad calipers cause poor braking as well, Due to not enough brake caliper pressure. just like brake lines as well.
Thursday, March 31, 2011 6:56 PM
Well the pressure is equal in both front and both rear line. Did a aftermarket rotor (Not performance one) are worse, equal or better quality than the OEM one ?
Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:46 PM
interesting, i had ate's before the big brakes and loved them, knew a few others with them no problems.

Friday, April 01, 2011 3:02 PM
its all on how you drive because i only buy the cheapo stuff cause i can change it 3-4 times befire the top brand would be cheaper and i have never warpped a rotor before on a j body

JBO since July 30, 2001
Saturday, April 02, 2011 7:57 AM
I LOVED the ATE rotors from canadian tire. Iwas running those on my last 2 cavs before my current one and never had an issue.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search