03-05 rear drum removal - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03-05 rear drum removal
Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:41 PM
I been tryin to put my rear bearing spacers on my car but can't get the drums off, I'm so use to having my 99 I figured my 04 drums just come off the same way and yes the e-brake was off lol, just want to kno what it takes to get them off, if there is a different way than the older Cav's

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood

Re: 03-05 rear drum removal
Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:11 PM
just keep sliding them and beating them off. they are super tight a lot of times and can be a huge pain in the ass. i know i fight mine every time, but i also spray them some as well around the center to hopefully help them slide off. just gotta fight them is all.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:17 PM
Rubber mallet/plastic hammer them off has worked well for me in the past
Friday, May 20, 2011 2:10 PM
Thanks fellaz, I was startin to think I was goin nuts when I tryed to pry them off and they wern't moving lol, i'll get right on it now.

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Friday, May 20, 2011 3:27 PM
wood block to spread out the vibes helps too, never hit them directly with a metal hammer, same have make cracks in them.

Friday, May 20, 2011 8:08 PM
so I got them off wit the help of a rubber mallet, even though that went pretty smooth, the bearings and 1 of my spacers where a bitch, first spacer went on no problem but the second 1, the holes for the bolts were way too small and the hole for the sensor to pass through was the same but nothing a dremmel couldn't fix, but thanks again fellaz, the tips was very useful.

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search