universal camber plates - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
universal camber plates
Monday, May 23, 2011 7:23 PM
i ran into these on ebay.. they look really good and i may try getting these for my b&g coilovers that are comming in. i thought i would share these with everone .. all you have to do is drill your own strut mount holes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MK1-UNIVERSAL-FIT-ADJUSTABLE-CAMBER-PLATES-DATSUN-510-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20b9609919QQitemZ140549069081

Re: universal camber plates
Monday, May 23, 2011 7:36 PM
Monday, May 23, 2011 7:37 PM
Yeah I saw those a while ago. I emailed them to see what the bearing diameter was but didn't get a response.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Monday, May 23, 2011 7:51 PM
DSMskyline wrote:Yeah I saw those a while ago. I emailed them to see what the bearing diameter was but didn't get a response.

Doesnt it show in the pic? 0.71"
Monday, May 23, 2011 8:06 PM
I am running his camber plates. He once made a set specifically for J's and I was lucky enough to get a set.

A lot of machine work went into making my setup work however.

camber plates 001 by qwik2k2z24, on Flickr

camber plates installed 003 by qwik2k2z24, on Flickr

camber plates installed 002 by qwik2k2z24, on Flickr

You also have to come up with a way to fill in the spherical bearing hole.. Our struts are not thick enough and will cause slop.

I had to slot 2 holes in the plate. Might as well have been a universal setup!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Monday, May 23, 2011 8:23 PM
So basically you have to drill and tap your own holes (you could get away with a nut on the bottom instead of tapping the plate) and make a sleeve for the bearing to strut interface. Not bad at all.

But then again I have a machine shop in my garage... haha.

If I wasn't trying to order some R5's I'd be all over these.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Monday, May 23, 2011 11:02 PM
i think i just found out why my car is so low with the GC .. lol my front mounts are missing the bottom portion where the top of the springs sits. no idea what happened. i need to get that fixed asap/

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 7:37 AM
Philly D wrote:
DSMskyline wrote:Yeah I saw those a while ago. I emailed them to see what the bearing diameter was but didn't get a response.

Doesnt it show in the pic? 0.71"

The ads Ive seen before didnt have the measurements on them at all. Maybe thats why he changed the pictures. I didnt wait for the entire ad to load yesterday as I was on my phone. Just clicked the link and saw the auction title and came back.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 2:08 PM
Not a bad deal. I wouldn't even bother with a sleeve inside the bearing. I'd just replace the entire thing with one that has the correct dimension for whatever strut I had.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 2:14 PM
Transporter7220 wrote:So basically you have to drill and tap your own holes (you could get away with a nut on the bottom instead of tapping the plate) and make a sleeve for the bearing to strut interface. Not bad at all.

But then again I have a machine shop in my garage... haha.

If I wasn't trying to order some R5's I'd be all over these.

Exactly.. The only tapped hole is the outter. Running a nut/bolt combo on the inner 2 holes.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:26 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:I am running his camber plates. He once made a set specifically for J's and I was lucky enough to get a set.

A lot of machine work went into making my setup work however.

camber plates 001 by qwik2k2z24, on Flickr

camber plates installed 003 by qwik2k2z24, on Flickr

camber plates installed 002 by qwik2k2z24, on Flickr

You also have to come up with a way to fill in the spherical bearing hole.. Our struts are not thick enough and will cause slop.

I had to slot 2 holes in the plate. Might as well have been a universal setup!

That blue tophat is different then the tophat I have for my GC's. Where is it from? Is it mookeh specific?

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:44 PM
I was definitely looking into these as my stock mounts need replaced and want to go solid and camber plates would be a plus. Definitely cheap and doesnt seem like too much modding needed to make work. Ill be trying to use these with basics

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 10:48 AM
The blue mounts are random pieces I found in my garage. I have no idea how i aquired them.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 10:59 AM
next thing that needs measured is to see if the adjustment bolts fit in our strut tower holes side to side...

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 11:09 AM
They do seem a little wide.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:40 PM
Not to jack thread but if we can get 5 people together we can do $185 for a bolt on kit. Just saying.............

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:19 PM
im in

Thursday, May 26, 2011 4:11 PM
Id be in as well...does this include camber adjustment? What about rears?
Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:24 PM
This would be for the fronts only. Camber adjustable? Of Course . WE could even do Caster for an extra $50

Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:26 PM
can you make it for the rear also? i would like that option.

Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:04 PM
No I meant a gp for the rears as well. Im looking at getting both front and rears.

If so consider a set of both from me...I have money waiting.

Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:55 PM
azncav wrote:can you make it for the rear also? i would like that option.

It's impossible with rear trailing arms, all you would be doing is changing the angle of the strut, the camber of the rear wheels is held steady by the rear hub mounts. So you have to use camber shims.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011 4:17 PM
well id def be interested in a gp for 185. i already have camber bolts.. can we get 5 people?

(write what ever comment you want here)
Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:40 AM
We are just about ready. Another 2 weeks until we post the ad

Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:05 AM
OEM wrote:We are just about ready. Another 2 weeks until we post the ad

I like This can we do a military discount for the camber and caster? if not ill just get the camber plates..

(write what ever comment you want here)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search