Sqweeking from my B&G coilovers - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sqweeking from my B&G coilovers
Tuesday, August 02, 2011 7:02 PM
So I am not too sure what is causing it. I have OEM's solid rear mounts, and then the coilovers. I have an OEM RSTB connecting the towers, and a HUGE rear sway bar with poly links and bushings. I have the spring isolator bushing in place on the coilovers, and am experiancing noises while going over EVERY little bump. I thought maybe the mounts were loose, or the bushings for the mount had gone bad. So I took it all out, and cleaned and tightened and put it all back in, and it is still doing. Could it be coil bind? I have just a small amount of preload on the springs.

Could it be sway bar bushings requiring lube?

what do you guys think?

Re: Sqweeking from my B&G coilovers
Tuesday, August 02, 2011 8:32 PM
the newer b+g coilovers with dual ride height adj.? or the ones I have from rksport that B+g made the prostreets, I have everything you have except for the o.e.m rear mounts and I was thinking or ordering those this week. are they worth it? much of a difference ? I would say its from the mounts if you have the same suspension as me. because mine are not squeeking at all. if you have the newer b+g suspension maybe it could be something on them also.
Wednesday, August 03, 2011 1:53 AM
i know the subaru guys were having mount noise out of them. they had to disassemble the mount and lube it up.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 4:23 AM
My teins, the shocks themselves squeak when I hit very big drop offs, done it since they were new, its just the fluid flowing inside the damper as just the right speed to make that noise.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Wednesday, August 03, 2011 1:50 PM
im gonna lube everything up with either a nice graphite dry film lube, or a lituim grease and see what happenes.

Friday, August 05, 2011 5:29 PM
I also think i might go back to stock mounts. I am pretty sure that this is somewhat related to metal on metal back there somewhere. I have not lubed the bushings yet for the sway bar, but i have a set of caps for the coilover springs on the way that will let me put stock mounts back there.

Friday, August 05, 2011 8:43 PM
EvoFire (Wilwoods on all 4) wrote:I also think i might go back to stock mounts. I am pretty sure that this is somewhat related to metal on metal back there somewhere. I have not lubed the bushings yet for the sway bar, but i have a set of caps for the coilover springs on the way that will let me put stock mounts back there.[/quot
you said you have the solid rear mounts on the car now?
I have been thinking of getting those for my prostreets, so did you like them or should I get some stock moog rear mounts or something?
Friday, August 05, 2011 9:01 PM
i have one of the first sets ever made. i like them. i just think they might be contributing to the noise. wanna buy mine?

Saturday, August 06, 2011 11:13 AM
first sets ever made. does that mean they are different from the current ones? and did they make a difference in handling? must not be to much if you are willing to scrap them off the car because of a little noise, I thought solid front and rear mounts are known to be noiser than stock but worth it because of the handling gains???
Saturday, August 06, 2011 11:14 AM
theres some handling gains, not a ton. The real purpose is that they let you run aftermarket springs without worrying about the stock mounts wearing out fast and getting noisy.

Saturday, August 06, 2011 1:15 PM
well I have the older b+g suspension prostreets rksport use to carry, and I'm looking to either get these solid mounts or some moog brand oem mounts. Thing is I know my suspension was designed to work with my stock mounts so I'm NOT sure if the overkill solid mounts will fit well with my shocks??? going to order either or by the end of this week.

Saturday, August 06, 2011 1:17 PM
If it was designed for stock mounts the overkill mounts should work. I see no reason why he would make mounts that would only work with something not designed to use the stock mount because ahh... I cant think of a suspension option that is like that that doesnt already come with upper mounts.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search