Suspension/brake setup. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Suspension/brake setup.
Tuesday, October 11, 2011 2:44 PM
Hey guys, I am already starting my suspension and brake set up. I already got some parts, but still debating on other, help me out. I already have some hawk pads HPS, Stainless steel Russel Brake lines, and some Power slotted (slotted) rotos, but I am still debating on what struts/shoocks/srpings to get. I being looking around into the following springs: Eichbach and Tein.
Tein s tech springs I can get them $145 shipped brand new, drop is 1.7/1.5.
Eichbach I can get either or for $210 shipped, and drop is 1.4/1.4 or 1.7/2.3
My car is not going to be use for crazy driving, as it is my daily driver. I just want a nice drop that will make the car stiffer when turning and help eliminate the bouncing in bumps. For suspension, I was thinking Tokico Adjustable, but be my guess and advice me better. Thank you.

Re: Suspension/brake setup.
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:38 PM
If you dont get much snow or have crappy roads (pot holes) I'd say go for the sport kit, there is many pictures of cars in the photos forums with all the different springs. I myself am probably leaning towards pro kit since we get dumped on pretty good and when the snow melts the city spends all summer fixing the million pots holes, that is if I ever get lowering springs. I hate the huge wheel gap but might have to tough it out. For springs I was thinking the Tokico HP Blue would be fine, from what many have said, they are the same as D-Specs but non adjustable. KYB AXG is another one to look at but I think the warranty is void after 1.5" drop.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:12 PM
What do you think of the tein basic coilover. So far I migth go with some tokico blues and eichbach.
Thursday, October 13, 2011 4:28 AM
I'd go with Tein on a DD personally. Really great ride on the S-techs, and obvously can't beat the price. If you're willing to spend the little extra on coilovers for a DD, the Basics are totally worth the money. I've been in several J's now with Tein Basics and I think as far as coilovers, they're the way to go, unless of course you're going for high end like STDs.
If you sticking with springs, the Tein S-techs and Koni's are a nice compliment (I'd go koni yellows on a DD since they are adjustable while installed in the car. The one thing I regret about my red's is having to remove them to adjust). The D-specs are good as well.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 9:08 AM
Thank you for the response . I am trying to go spend the least possible, but at the same get quality, durability, and comfort. I said the tein coil because they would be almost the same cost as some d-spec + eichbach and for almost $100 more I would rather get the coils ( I found the for $820). But if I get some tein s tech ($140 shipped), what would be the way to go with shocks and struts? some people say hp blues will do the trick, but I am not sure for how long they will hold on the drop.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search