How to make E-Brake Cable Brackets for the Saturn Calipers - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How to make E-Brake Cable Brackets for the Saturn Calipers
Friday, October 14, 2011 9:59 PM
let me know if the pics don't load... they are hosted here on JBO, but no longer show up as Attachments

What you want to do is get a bar of metal. 1" wide, between 3/8ths to 5/8ths thick (i used 3/8s so i could double up the metal)

Mark two sections 3" long and cut...

After you cut, you want to drill your hole for the cable... You can basically put this where ever you want (within reason). The hole needs to be 9/16th big.

Once you make this hole, slide the cable in to the hole, and line up with caliper. Judge where you need to drill your hole for the caliper bolt, mark it, and drill a hole 27/64th big

The caliper takes a M10 x .25 (length) (with a thread pitch of .125) bolt (shorter if you only use one 3/8ths thick metal). i kept both of mine brackets completely straight, but used slightly bent ones on top of the ebrake cable bracket to help hold the cable in place as well take up for the bolt being a little long, the fact that it helps hold the cable was a bonus for me.

Heres the installed pics

After you are done, check both wheels turn without excessive friction. If you have friction, tap the ebrake cable side of the bracket toward the back of the vehicle until the wheel turns freely (make sure your parking brake is down)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edited Friday, October 14, 2011 10:44 PM

Re: How to make E-Brake Cable Brackets for the Saturn Calipers
Saturday, October 15, 2011 9:38 AM
Pics don't load

Boost Lover
Re: How to make E-Brake Cable Brackets for the Saturn Calipers
Saturday, October 15, 2011 7:39 PM
Loaded fine for me, just took a while.

Nice write up mystic. Will use it as a guide for my swap soon. Thanks.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search