Koni STR.T - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Koni STR.T
Thursday, June 21, 2012 5:19 PM
I just loves getting mail that doesn't cost me anything

And with the stickers came this..

Looks like Koni has come out with an entry level non-adjustable strut "STR.T" (street)..

I wonder if 100% ready for the road means that they are a direct replacement for all models listed..

Since they are still keeping parts for Jbodies in the product line up.

Anyone have them or heard more about them?

I doubt the J units would be as low as $59 but might be worth a gander.

Re: Koni STR.T
Thursday, June 21, 2012 5:34 PM
Man if they are anywhere near the $59 range they are right up j-body owners alley!

Im curious if they are going to make it an insert or a full replacement
Thursday, June 21, 2012 8:02 PM
Wonder how much of a drop they will support.
Friday, June 22, 2012 3:27 PM
Any idea of how long till they're available?
Sunday, June 24, 2012 12:42 PM
Bout time they offered an non insert strut, Curious to see how they do if anyone here ends up getting a set.

Sunday, June 24, 2012 5:18 PM
I'm not sure if they already are/when they will be available for J bodies, they seem to be available online for other makes on places like summit, but then they don't even have part numbers for some yet, like the RSX as seen above.

The koni finder on konis north american site still lists the insert style for the front..I don't know anymore about them than what was in the pamphlet unfortunately.

Sunday, June 24, 2012 5:33 PM
The STR.T's have been out since 09 I believe. I know the honda guys were running them back then. I looked them up on the koni catalog i had from 2011 and they showed these under cavalier. But on this years catalog they are not listed, only the yellows. Also the few small sites that show them dont show pricing. Looks like they were dropped by koni. Im going to call tonorrow and double check. But they do not show them on there site anymore. Telling me koni probably decided to quit production.

Sunday, June 24, 2012 9:57 PM
TheDark1 wrote: But they do not show them on there site anymore. Telling me koni probably decided to quit production.

Which means they still have a warehouse full of them somewhere, but you need to order them direct. Gotta love Koni.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:17 AM
TheDark1 wrote:The STR.T's have been out since 09 I believe. I know the honda guys were running them back then. I looked them up on the koni catalog i had from 2011 and they showed these under cavalier. But on this years catalog they are not listed, only the yellows. Also the few small sites that show them dont show pricing. Looks like they were dropped by koni. Im going to call tonorrow and double check. But they do not show them on there site anymore. Telling me koni probably decided to quit production.

Hmm.. Interesting.

I figured they wanted to send me some model specific advertising when they asked me for the make and model of my car when I was filling out the info for the stickers.

I guess the guy mailing out the stickers still has stacks of the outdated pamphlets he needs to get rid of haha, good thing I already picked up some yellows..

Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:57 AM
Called Koni and they no longer carry this shock for our platform

Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:36 PM
Well that bites, let's march on GM and have them bring back the cavy's

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search