my sway bar setup. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my sway bar setup.
Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:22 PM
Hey all so I just purchased a rear RK sport sway bar for my car, I currently do not have on on my front as my car did not come with one from the factory.
What do you guys think of this setup? I want something for daily driving that will be solid but and have minimal problems do to over/under steer. I also understand that factory front sway bars for out cars come in three sizes 19mm,22mm, and 24mm. which one should I get that would match well with my newly aquired Rear sway bar?

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?

Re: my sway bar setup.
Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:55 PM
The 24MM LS Sport bar will be the best option. Make sure if you grab one, be sure to get the mounting brackets and bolts. And if it were me, I would replace the end links and mount bushings with polyurethane while I was at it.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 10:49 PM
Ok this is good news. As I bought a 24mm sway bar awhile back and wanted to make sure before I installed it what would be the better option as it is not too fun takin the subframe off and on. Lol. What will the handling be like with just the rear sway bar installed?

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?
Tuesday, August 14, 2012 11:14 PM
you won't notice it all that much until you get into a hard turn, then the rear end will come out and your steering will turn to crap with just a rear bar.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:25 PM
the front sway can be done without completely removing the subframe. just need to drop the rear a bit and do some wiggling to get it in there.

as for a rear bar with no front bar, you're looking at oversteer city. get a front bar on there as the car is going to be tail happy.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 4:05 PM
Rear sway bar only: because drifting around every corner with zero control is cool.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 11:57 PM
OK thank you everyone for your suggestions. I will be most likely installing the front and rear at the same time? 24mm front and Rk sport rear! Cant wait as i really dont like my stock setup as is with absolutely no sway bars at all. it sucks, feels like I am driving a station wagon.(no offense to those who own the cavy wagon ). cant wait for the improvement!!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search