Removed abs now no brake pedal - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Removed abs now no brake pedal
Friday, October 12, 2012 10:02 PM
I am currently building a 2001 2.2 cavalier for dirt track racing and we removed the abs modual and ran new lines, i have now leaks in any of the lines and we can whatch the break calipers working however, we cant get a good pedal. when removed the abs modual we kept the same master cylinder and after reading post i have noticed poeple saying that we need to use a non abs master cylinder. would this solve my problem of not getting a pedal or do i need to look further into it? thanks.

Re: Removed abs now no brake pedal
Monday, October 15, 2012 3:20 PM
You will need a non abs master cylinder. I am running a Master cylinder off a 91 beretta. Bolts right up. Only difference is it uses two different fittings for the lines. So all you need to do is replace the fittings on your lines to match the master cylinder. Bleed and done.

Monday, October 15, 2012 3:43 PM
idk why the master cylinder would change, the caliper bore size and wheel cylinder sizes are the same. Pedal ratio is the same. The system is still using the same booster... why eliminating the ABS motor requires a new MC is beyond me.

how were the lines run from the outputs on the stock MC?

both outlets give 50/50 distribution on volume and pressure.

what are you doing about proportioning/ residual pressure valves?

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:33 AM
Thanks guys, I got a brake booster and swapped them and it seems to have solved my problem. Will be going bake tonight to finish bleeding the brakes again.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search