ProKit sits too low in front... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ProKit sits too low in front...
Tuesday, February 18, 2014 4:03 PM
Hello all,

I have the typical prokit-agx set up. The front sits very low. I don't have pictures right now, but it is much lower than it should be. It sits where a sportline would sit. I checked the number on the springs and they are prokits. Any ideas?

Re: ProKit sits too low in front...
Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:08 PM
Well this is a first...
How does your front suspension handle?

1. Spring could have "settled" making it drop lower.
2. Your front struts could be so blown that your riding on spring. (I've been there.)

Could be other reasons but that's my 2 guesses.
Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:17 PM
Handles like a dream. This is the best set up I've ever had. Firm but not bouncy. Its what stock should have been. My only beef is that when I hit a large enough dip in the road or corner hard, the fender will rub the tires. That should be hard to do with a prokit. It looks as if its sitting a 0.5 inch lower than where it should. Struts and springs are both brand new. One new strut blown from the get go is always possible, but two is unlikely.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:24 PM
Did you do a before and after measurement? On my car with sportlines(1.7"F 2.3"R) It dropped the front 2" and the rear 1 3/4" The old strut and springs, I assume were the originals with 230000km's on them because they had undercoating all over the bolts(assuming the owner put under coating on new) The sportlines were also used.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:32 PM
Another question, did you buy new strut mounts or re use yours, there is a few spring insulators and stuff that may have been missed that could of forgotten about? People have done it in the past. Does the tire rub on the lip of the fender or inner wheel well? Maybe a spacer would help? I have 205/75/14 winter tires on right now that do not rub. They are close though but 1/2" in or out and there would be rubbing. You may need to look at your offset of your 17s?

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:33 PM
Rick, I did not. However, many years ago I had prokit springs on koni reds and it definitely did not sit this low.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:37 PM
I did replace the mounts with new. I did not do the actual assembly and install. That might be something to look into.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 6:13 PM
I used pre 99 mounts, not 00+ mounts but going off the top of my head, there's the mount, bearing plate, then spring seat and the upper spring insulator, spring, then there is also lower spring insulator, I know my spring insulators(used) were pretty flat, not sure how they are new, but maybe that's why mine is .25" lower than it should be. If your insulator or seat is missing, I can see that being .5" easily.
If everything is there, an option to fix it could be to run an extra spring insulator? Not sure how much you will gain from that? But if you just looking for .25-.5"? Or just bring it back to the shop or bitch to Eibach if they brand new?

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 6:19 PM
Here's my before and after measurements on my car with 205/55/16s. Might help for comparison?
Measurements are from ground to the middle of the wheel well.
Stock
F 27 1/8"
R 27 5/8"

Sportlines
F 25 1/8"
R 25 7/8"

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:57 PM
Fronts sit 25 1/4. Way too low for a prokit. The strut mounts are new, but stock 00+. Everything else seems fine. Looks like I'm going to have to call Eibach.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 2:34 PM
so frustrating

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 5:11 PM
wondering they are labeled wrong, and actually sportlines.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 6:13 PM
Eibach said to measure from the bottom bolt to the perch and see if the distance is the same when comparing the AGX with stock. I'll do that first, if its the same (which it likely is) then I'll call back and go from there. Addicted to meth, the front end sits just a hair lower than the front end of the Z in your sig.

Sunday, February 23, 2014 7:04 AM
TheInfamousEco wrote:Eibach said to measure from the bottom bolt to the perch and see if the distance is the same when comparing the AGX with stock. I'll do that first, if its the same (which it likely is) then I'll call back and go from there. Addicted to meth, the front end sits just a hair lower than the front end of the Z in your sig.

That picture is Sportlines and Koni's.

FU Tuning

Sunday, February 23, 2014 7:27 AM
The distance between the bottom bolt and the perch on the AGX's is identical to stock (as expected). Eibach now wants a measurement of all four sides from the axel to the fender lip. Hopefully I can get to a flat surface soon so I can measure and give them the specs. You may be right, they may be mislabeled and are actually sportlines. We'll see.

Sunday, February 23, 2014 8:08 PM
Could it be possible they painted sportlines black and labeled them wrong? Seems like a hard miss. Maybe they hired a new guy that day.

'03 LS Sport 5spd, Amsoil fluids, Vibrant cat-back, 5% 3M color stable tint, Z24 trunk lid

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search