rear wheel bearing adapter spacers - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rear wheel bearing adapter spacers
Friday, April 04, 2014 10:23 AM
I've been searching the suspension forums while on my lunch break and have had no luck finding a post on this topic. I'm planning on the nwf swap and want to also swap my rear wheel bearings as well so I have the same bolt pattern all around. Has "teh jeffe" or anyone else made a rear wheel bearing spacer that allows this swap?

Re: rear wheel bearing adapter spacers
Friday, April 04, 2014 3:27 PM
I think most irs swap if they want the 5x115 pattern in the rear

Friday, April 04, 2014 3:44 PM
I'm not looking for an irs swap on my car. I like just ordering a set of coilovers and not having to make them work but just bolting on and going.

Monday, April 07, 2014 4:39 AM
I'm sure it can be done. I'll check it out on the beam I've got in my garage. You'll obviously have to drill the plate on the beam as well, but it should work fine.
What are you wanting for brake options? It can be made to work with the N-body brakes, but if you'd like something that has the e-brake built into the caliper, there are a few other options.

Monday, April 07, 2014 1:32 PM
I was curious if it had been done yet. I still haven't looked into brake upgrades for the rear.

Monday, April 07, 2014 2:08 PM
As far as I know, no one has done it.

You've got 11" fronts, right?

Monday, April 07, 2014 2:18 PM
Right now im on stock jbody brakes. I found dual pattern 17 in steelies at discount tire for cheap. I might go 12in rotors up front. I just want to have the same bolt pattern all around once im done.

Monday, April 07, 2014 4:32 PM
its your lucky day... look up partzseller27 on ebay. he's had a set of those adapters for sale for months.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Monday, April 07, 2014 4:33 PM
Monday, April 07, 2014 6:26 PM
Thanks brad. I'm curious how thick the plates are.

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 4:01 AM
JUCNBST wrote:Right now im on stock jbody brakes. I found dual pattern 17 in steelies at discount tire for cheap. I might go 12in rotors up front. I just want to have the same bolt pattern all around once im done.
I almost got those steelies for my beater. LOL

Seriously though, if you're going with 12" up front, the n-body rears would be a good match. A plate for that would be very simple to make that could accomodate the calipers and e-brake setup.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, April 08, 2014 6:25 AM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search