Lowering springs barely dropped the front? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lowering springs barely dropped the front?
Friday, October 10, 2014 6:52 AM
The rear dropped really nice but the front of my car only dropped around half an inch. Any ideas?

Re: Lowering springs barely dropped the front?
Friday, October 10, 2014 8:13 AM
for starters, what brand of springs?

Friday, October 10, 2014 10:05 AM
Sometimes new springs need to "settle" . I have noticed that on some cars. Did you take before and after measurements? Go for a drive, take a few corners or hit a few bumps and see if measurement changed. Also maybe old stock springs were old and sagged a bit, do new springs didn't make much difference. Would help if we knew brand too....

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Friday, October 10, 2014 11:02 AM
They are Megan Racing Springs. It has been aligned and driven since they were installed. I did take measurements. I don't remember the starting number but I know that it did only drop a half inch. Measurements now are 3" gap front 2" gap rear. Springs were supposed to drop 1.4R 1.6F. I have 17" wheels with245/45/17 on them. Measuring to the top of tire. (Trying to. Lol)
Friday, October 10, 2014 4:07 PM
What year strut mounts? Are you sure the springs are seated properly and the strut mount was assembled properly?

Friday, October 10, 2014 5:50 PM
2005. Pretty sure. Put them on the same way the old ones were on. The back turned out good so idk what it could be.
Friday, October 10, 2014 7:50 PM
Double check the strut mount to make sure that the upper seat is parallel with the lower perch. If they aren't, that could cause your issue.

Friday, October 10, 2014 8:08 PM
I will. Thanks. I remember that being a pita. I figured with an alignment they would check everything, but I will definitely look because that's the only part that could be messed up. Do you think this could be adjusted without taking the camber bolts out? Really don't want to psy for another alignment.
Friday, October 10, 2014 8:09 PM
It's either that or I have need more low syndrome.
Friday, October 10, 2014 8:28 PM
I think it was the plastic piece that goes on top of the spring that I had trouble with. It kept wanting to spin. It was the piece that had one flat side. I tired my best to line that up with the flat side that bolts up.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search