no money but want a lil more safe suspension - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
no money but want a lil more safe suspension
Monday, February 14, 2005 5:42 AM
I have a @!#$ty suspension as we talk, i dont really thrust it going past 100 km/h (need an alignement too)

but now I have little to no money and want something a bit better .
I came across the canuck motorsports springs,the price is right for me and no one complained about these springs! (wanna try them, if i dont like i will change at the end of summer)

but here is the thing wich bugs me a bit! I know the rear end tends to blow shock easily!
can I run a set of agx or something alike in the rear for a month or 2 and a set of let say sensatrac up front for this time ? (i can get both sensa track for under 60$) When i will get money I will complete my shock set with the front ones!

Re: no money but want a lil more safe suspension
Monday, February 14, 2005 6:34 AM
well i think its better to save for the better suspension money is tight for all of us but we need to save the money to get the right things if your shocks are that bad where u need something right now use a cheaper brand for now
Monday, February 14, 2005 6:55 AM
Seriouly... save up and do it right the first time.

A good suspension isn't cheap. I've never even heard of those springs so they're probably just one more of the dozens of cheap springs on eBay.

Monday, February 14, 2005 10:01 AM
Those springs are made by a company in BC , seems to be a growing company and they make the B&G spring if I remember correctly!

also, people are running on kyb GR2 and it seems to be ok, why couldnt i run something like the agx in the back and a suggested strut in the front (wich will be later swaped on my sister car)

or would it be better to run let say a set of GR2 all around ? at least they would all be the same (even if they're not really designed to be dropped)!

Monday, February 14, 2005 10:10 AM
if you absolutly need shocks buy some cheap ones to get you buy...its better then @!#$ getting standed somewhere or crashing, or popping a tire or numorus other things...

Monday, February 14, 2005 12:18 PM
if youhave no money save up and get quality stuff, ie, koni shocks/struts, springs go b&G, h&R, possibly eibach. but if you want to start now improving your suspension get some front and rear strutbars that will stiffin the ride up a bit.

Visit High Rev Motorsports for all your High Performance needs.

Visit RSM Racing for j-body superchargers, throttle bodies, and much more.

Visit Cobalt SS.Net and sign up to get the latest info on the cobalt and all other delta platform cars
Monday, February 14, 2005 1:30 PM
this thing on summer tires is like a train, doesnt budge at all but with the narrow winter tires I dont like how it rides,thats why I wanna experiment those canuck springs,they may be good after all,if no one try them and everybody sticks to one brand,there will be no evolution in aftermarket parts for us !

check the link :

http://www.canuckmotorsports.com/

afterall I amy go with AGX all around got a nice deal on them!

well im gonna get those canuck springs ,goldline or B&G (wich is pretty much the same spring than canuck)

Monday, February 14, 2005 1:33 PM
sorry i didnt meant B&G i meant springtech (sorry)

Monday, February 14, 2005 2:59 PM
spring info

i didnt see any other adress on you site so im sending it to you who will read it (for a 1996 cavalier)

1st:what is the spring rate on those springs ?

2nd:are they linear or progressive springs ?

3rd:what are they comparable to in term of security?

4th:do they have a nice ride ? if yes, what can you compare it to!

5th: what are your shock suggetion to use with those? Koni yellow, Kyb AGX (@!#$ the garantee on these ones) or tokico ?

6th:what is the price to ship them over to quebec province

if you can give me any other information on the springs(type of metal used to make them....) I would really appreciate

Hi Mario thank you for your inquiry

1.The spring rates are 180 on the front and 160 on the rear
2.Yes they are a progressive rate
3.We offer a limited lifetime warrenty on our springs
4.Our springs are designed to give you a smooth ride at first and then stronger as the spring is loaded up
5.They are designed so that when installed they will not fall out of the seat when the car is lift up

We do not carry any car shocks so I can not recommend one over another, however we do carry Tokico and ST shocks
For trucks and find them both very good.

6.The springs are $92.95 shipping is $35.00 and insurance is $3.00 for a total of $130.95 to Quebec
7.Our springs are made out of the best material available OTCRSI alloy and are 100% set removed and load tested

Saturday, February 19, 2005 1:40 AM
For $80-$90 more you can save and buy an eibach pro kit off ebay.

03 Cavalier LS
Ecotec 5 Speed
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search