Tokico D-Specs or Koni yellows - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tokico D-Specs or Koni yellows
Sunday, February 20, 2005 3:55 PM
I am going crazy deciding which setup I want for my 2002 Cavalier....Tokico D-Specs w/ Tein S-Tech springs positives is that there is no cutting involved and it should just replace the oem struts w/out any mod.s.............The Koni Yellows w/ the pro kit, however does need cutting, but I'm not too worried about that, and I heard nothing but good things about it, including Jim from gravanatuning.com where he said that is the BEST setup, however those Tokico D-Specs are crossing my mind and they are tempting, especially for that price $675 w/ springs and no cutting involved, and read on the org that they live up to there name........HELP???

Re: Tokico D-Specs or Koni yellows
Sunday, February 20, 2005 4:12 PM
Tokico D-Specs I've yet to hear anything bad about its a good setup

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, February 20, 2005 6:10 PM
Anybody else......who ever has the tokico d-spec, please stand up and compare them to the Koni Yellows w/ pro kit.....................Thanx
Monday, February 21, 2005 7:50 AM
Decisions..........Decisions?????????????
Monday, February 21, 2005 7:13 PM

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 11:41 AM
what amount of drop are the tokico's warrentied for?

2006 Cobalt SS 2.4L 9.6 @74mph 1/8th mile w/2.28 60ft

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 4:28 PM
That's a good ?????????
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 5:29 PM

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 5:35 PM
Going to order them sometime this week........
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 6:15 PM
I just ordered mine today. I got them for $650 CND from a local shop. We talked to the guys a Tokico they said they should be good with sportlines, but they recommend no lower than 2". i also ordered a set of sportlines for them. they should be on in a few weeks i will let you know how they are.

ECOSPEEDZ
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 7:18 PM
damn.. bouncikos.. i ride on my koni yellows all the way down on ground controls for over 10k miles this past summer an still rides perfect. would never get anythin else cept maybe the tein's

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 7:45 PM

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 7:55 AM
Bringing back from the dead to get more opinions...................

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 4:25 PM
im watchin this one too!

this is my sig
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 6:15 PM
yeah i'm about to get those koni sportkit with the yellows and the springs but i never heard anything about cutting. What did i miss???

--------------------------------------------------------
2006 Yellow SS/SC Cobalt w/G85 package and Recaro Seats.
--------------------------------------------------------
*MOD LIST*
AEM Cold Air
Black Halo Projectors
GM Perfomance Cat-back Exhaust (Sport)
Many Many more to come!
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 7:16 PM
I've got the Tokico D-Specs on sportlines, they ride great, nice and easy to adjust, install was relatively quick. So definitely two thumbs up from me

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 10:58 PM
I've got the Tokico D-Spec kit with the Tokico springs. I love the setup and the drop is perfect.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 11:52 PM
screw tein springs for cavaliers. they just dont make the best springs for our cars.

i have H&R springs on tokico d-spec struts, and couldnt be happier. the tokicos are on the firmest setting, so the ride is a little stiff but there is NO bounce to it. it might be stiff, but i out-handled a WRX STI thru some canyon roads last week. and he had an upgraded eibach setup.

trust me, get H&R or B&G springs, youll be happy.

-Cameron (CaliforniaCavalier)

Girls make me mad and break my heart, but my car is always there for me.
Thursday, November 03, 2005 5:39 AM
Koni sport kit is also a good setup. That's what I'm running, and I'm very happy.

2" (roughly) lower per corner. Ride adjustable from "Firm" to "Brick" Great fun on the autocross course.

-------------------------------------------------
Sleeper style, they don't see it coming that way.
Thursday, November 03, 2005 5:47 AM
CaliforniaCavalier wrote:screw tein springs for cavaliers. they just dont make the best springs for our cars.

i have H&R springs on tokico d-spec struts, and couldnt be happier. the tokicos are on the firmest setting, so the ride is a little stiff but there is NO bounce to it. it might be stiff, but i out-handled a WRX STI thru some canyon roads last week. and he had an upgraded eibach setup.

He must have been a @!#$ty driver. The WRX all around is a better vehicle.

-Chris

Thursday, November 03, 2005 2:27 PM
CaliforniaCavalier wrote:screw tein springs for cavaliers. they just dont make the best springs for our cars.

Full hard scares me... lol its so stiff its unbelievable, i cant even hold my hand still on nice roads

Thursday, November 03, 2005 7:19 PM
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean dave. I have my D-Specs 3 1/2 turns from full hard, and its exactly where I want it.

Thursday, November 03, 2005 10:47 PM
Dave Dunsmoor wrote:
Full hard scares me... lol its so stiff its unbelievable, i cant even hold my hand still on nice roads

wow that is very true. but i corner like nothing

IamRascal wrote:
He must have been a @!#$ty driver. The WRX all around is a better vehicle.

see what im saying? this setup is just that good!

-Cameron (CaliforniaCavalier)

Girls make me mad and break my heart, but my car is always there for me.
Friday, November 04, 2005 10:56 PM
install wise... the tokico's are the easier choice although the install on the konis isn't bad... (i've done both setups... the konis on my car and the tokico's on raskal's fire)

ride wise... hard to say... we have different springs and different suspension mods in our cars but both seem to ride and handle really well.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 2:08 PM
I went with the D-specs and installed them back in May with the B+G's sport springs, install was pretty easy accept for little issues.......I couldn't be any happier, nice setup........I played around with the settings a couple of times....first I followed the instructions for the starting point 5 ft and 5 rear........then after a couple hundred miles, I did 4 from hard in the front and 3 from hard from the rear, and it handled like a champ, but was too stiff and bounce, bounce, bounce everywhere, I didn't mind, but I recently just adjusted it to 6 from hard in the front and 5 from hard in the rear and this is by far my favorite setting so far for a daily driver cause it's so smmmmmmmmoooooooottttttttthhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search