Weapon R Circuit Pro Coil Overs w/ Stock struts? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Weapon R Circuit Pro Coil Overs w/ Stock struts?
Sunday, April 03, 2005 12:03 AM
was thinking about getting some i was just wondering if my suspension will be alright if i do so..My car is an 05 btw so the struts should be able work wel with them right?
Also if anyone has some install pics on a set of these i would be interested..
Thank you!

Re: Weapon R Circuit Pro Coil Overs w/ Stock strut
Sunday, April 03, 2005 7:46 AM
stock struts arn't designed to work with anything other than the stock springs, you'll need to replace your struts. in addition, Weapon R really isn't a well known name in the suspension business so they probably arn't all that good, if they are any good at all.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:56 AM
I'd almost guarantee they're garbage and not properly designed for the car.

If you want a coilover sleeve kit, you pretty much have to get Konis for them and the only options are RK Sport or Ground Control.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 12:22 PM
very bad idea with any strut

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, April 03, 2005 12:33 PM
on the other hand, stock struts just suck period.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 4:21 PM
I had those coilovers for 3 years on stock struts.

It sucked mucho arss mang. THe only good things about them are the upper bearing and the double spring design. THe second spring made sure the springs stayed seating in hard corning and going up crazzy angled drives. Like the RKsport coilovers have.

ANyway. I never could get an honest answer from W-R about the springs rates. BUt Event once posted that he found out they are 500/400. Thats just damn crazzy. Maybe unless you ONLY drag or AUto X. I could hug a corner great as long as it was perfect blacktop roads. BUt not all roads are like that.

SO anyway. I say dont waiste your money on them. Not worth it.
I honestly dont think KOnis would last with those coilovers. BUt I think some people have done it.

I am all that is man

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 12:18 AM
hey i found some weaponRs for sale for 100 bucks should i get them i have agx ... i have sportlines ... i may just buy a nother set of strut ... so i can just ... changed them whenver i want to ...

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 2:06 AM
azncav wrote:hey i found some weaponRs for sale for 100 bucks should i get them i have agx ... i have sportlines ... i may just buy a nother set of strut ... so i can just ... changed them whenver i want to ...

Seriously, keep the Sportlines. Coilovers don't compare in the spring rate, plus you really shouldn't go any lower on springs...air bags, that's different.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search