H&R Springs and KYB GR-2 Struts - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
H&R Springs and KYB GR-2 Struts
Friday, May 06, 2005 8:30 PM
Hey guys. My car goes in tuesday and will be getting the KYB struts and the H&R springs installed.they r in an RK sport box so i believe they were ordered from RK sport. Not sure because i bought these new off of my friend. i was just wondering if anyone else was using the same or similar setup? I'll post some pics when its all done.

Re: H&R Springs and KYB GR-2 Struts
Friday, May 06, 2005 8:36 PM
I don't know how long those KYBs are going to hold up with the 1.5" drop. That's as far as they can go.

Jay

One huge aluminum wing - $200
More vinyl graphics than your ride can handle - $150
Decals for products you don’t even have - $10
500lbs of Car Audio equipment in the trunk - $1500
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting slaughtered by a KIA - Priceless
Friday, May 06, 2005 9:09 PM
My neighbor has been lowered 1.7" on Gr-2's for almost a year now and his were used. He has had no problems with them yet.
Friday, May 06, 2005 10:12 PM
Those H&R's lower the car 1.75 inches. There is no way GR-2's are going to last very long on that. But it sounds like nobody's going to change your mind. Figure it out on your own the hard way I suppose

Saturday, May 07, 2005 2:15 AM
I would agree with these guys. Sell those struts and get the KYB AGX adjustables. Those struts are meant to work on an OEM suspension setup. They're gonna bottom-out on you badly, and then they're gonna blow. But if you decide to put em on anyway- best of luck to you.

I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box, but at least I'm a pretty color
Saturday, May 07, 2005 8:16 AM
I still don't understand why people try to use GR2's to lower a car? Don't you read before you buy?

Saturday, May 07, 2005 10:33 AM
i had the h&r on gr2's.........they work for about 2 months, then they will blow...........it happened to me, then i switched to agx struts and they work beautiful for me

and fyi the h&r lower 1.4 front and 1.5 or 1.6 rear

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Saturday, May 07, 2005 1:26 PM
mikec2003 wrote:i had the h&r on gr2's.........they work for about 2 months, then they will blow...........it happened to me, then i switched to agx struts and they work beautiful for me

and fyi the h&r lower 1.4 front and 1.5 or 1.6 rear

No, RK has H&R make a custom spring for them that lowers 1.75 inches. The regular H&R's that you would buy anywhere else lower the front 1.6" and the rear 1.4". It says the front will vary by the engine though.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search