good settings for d-spec/sportline setup?? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
good settings for d-spec/sportline setup??
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 12:51 PM
i got my suspension on and it looks great. i'm taking it in for an alignment 2morrow morning. i have the d-specs set on 4 in the front and 3 in the rear (meaning 3 full turns from stiff and 4 full turns from stiff). i was just wondering what kinda settings anyone would suggest for everyday driving. i haven't had much of a chance to tune it yet, plus i wanna get the alignment b4 i mess with too much. any way, thanks for any input.

Re: good settings for d-spec/sportline setup??
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 6:59 AM
i have the d-specs on prokit... i ride 1.5 front and 3 rear. as my daily that set up is great... you should have the rear either the same as the front or stiffer.... a stiffer rear will give you less understeer.. this is all explained in the D-spec user manual.

my daily setting might not be good for you since you are lower.... however.. the sportlines are a stiffer spring.

when i race autoX .5 front and 7 rear

the set up you currently have will give you more understeer.

hope that helps!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 9:50 AM
it all depends on where you live.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 10:17 AM
Stephen Gray wrote:i got my suspension on and it looks great. i'm taking it in for an alignment 2morrow morning. i have the d-specs set on 4 in the front and 3 in the rear (meaning 3 full turns from stiff and 4 full turns from stiff). i was just wondering what kinda settings anyone would suggest for everyday driving. i haven't had much of a chance to tune it yet, plus i wanna get the alignment b4 i mess with too much. any way, thanks for any input.

How bad does your car bounce with that setup?

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 2:03 PM
i get a lot of bounce. it isn't really firm tho. it feels like the sruts are giving more than the spring, if u know what i mean. it feels as if the spring is compressing all the way and the strut is just bouncing back up. i want to firm it up so it doesn't give much, but i just haven't been able to find a good setting. i set the rear at 1.5 and front at 2.5 today after the alignment and its a little better. i just wanted some input from others on what they had theres set at. it rides good around town, just the backroads around my house are very bouncy.

and by the way, i read the manual. i have the rears one turn stiffer than the fronts
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 6:50 PM
I just installed Tokico D-specs with Eibach Pro-kit springs. I haven't had time to experiment much, but I would like to point out that Stephen's terminology is correct, according to the documentation (page 11). A setting of "3" means 3 full turns from full hard/firm.

I haven't played much, but I have mine set at 3 all around. From a day or two of driving, I can tell I'd want stiffer rear, and possibly softer front. Of course, I still have 15" steelies, so the feeling every pebble syndrome is reduced by the tires. I might want softer all around if I had lower profile tires, and/or drove in the District more often.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 9:22 PM
3.5 on all four corners. And it rides great. I <3 my suspension.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 11:36 AM
yeah, i know i'm gonna get a rougher ride cause i'm on 17" wheels, so i have less sidewall to give. i'll just mess with it a little more if it ever quits rainin around here. but i do like the handling aspect of the setup, but people who ride with me don't enjoy bouncing around so much. lol.
Thursday, June 30, 2005 11:47 AM
Evansville J-Body wrote:3.5 on all four corners. And it rides great. I

What springs? when you say 3.5 does that mean 3.5 turns BACK from full stiff? or ?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search