How many miles do you have on your ECOtec - Page 5 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: How many miles do you have on your ECOtec
Saturday, March 26, 2005 5:50 PM

Saturday, March 26, 2005 7:35 PM
update:

45,000kms turn signal recall and stalling bulletin, (reprogram PCM) other then that it's working great....

Mike.

visit my cardomain site
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mike03redcav
Monday, March 28, 2005 5:24 PM
438 miles young...
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 8:41 AM
i have 78,109 on my 02 cavalier ls sport, give or take a few hundred miles or so because of the vss switch, still runs like new, take very good care of it . i once turned the switch off and ran from tallahassee to stuart florida on the turnpike, got arrested in stuart for goin 137 mph in a 70 mph. i was makin great time till that damn camaro trooper got me
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 8:50 AM
ecoteckid wrote:i have 78,109 on my 02 cavalier ls sport, give or take a few hundred miles or so because of the vss switch, still runs like new, take very good care of it . i once turned the switch off and ran from tallahassee to stuart florida on the turnpike, got arrested in stuart for goin 137 mph in a 70 mph. i was makin great time till that damn camaro trooper got me

you know, i do my fair share of speeding, but that is just rediculous you dumbass

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 10:29 AM
^^

I agree you meltdown

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 3:50 PM
you should be happy he got behind you and not in front of you

you have to stand for something, or you're bound to fall for anything
Thursday, April 07, 2005 12:46 AM
alittle update, im at almost 34,700 miles now i bought it July of 2003 with 3 miles, the bcm was replaced 2 times, the pcm was replaced 1 time, gauge cluster was replaced also my passager side turn signal kept burning out, GM fixed it under there recall, both front strut mounts i replaced also, there junk. My only recent problem was the cooling fan motor frooze this winter and burnt up which i think was caused by my C/F invader hood, but GM fixed it no charge. Even the original brakes i got 29,000 miles out of and could have gotten 10k more but i switched to crossed and slotted rotors with TI22 brake pads. The trans is an auto and shifts hard till its warmed up, no oil leaks, no engine problems of any kind. The engine is alittle noisy thats about it, more so when its cold. Overall i love the car and im impressed with it so far.

Friday, April 08, 2005 9:06 AM
13,500 with no problems*knock on wood*lol Bought it back in August

Things are looking better already!
Sunday, April 10, 2005 3:19 PM
I got 21800 miles on mine now, it runs good..

the only problems I had were:

1. Water pump replaced @ 19000 (oil leak, they tightened the bolts on my first trip, and then decided to replace the pump on the second trip)

2. Power steering pump (had problem with it not working when really cold out, gm has a tsb.. not a recall which tells the dealers to just replace it as long as the car is under warranty free of charge)

3. PCM flashed with an updated software.. (to fix the erratic idle problem), first dealer gave me the run around (jba glen burnie) the second one did it in 5 minutes (tate annapolis)

4. replaced the battery after 1 yr/15k miles.. before i put any sort of audio into it (just a small powered sub, nothing fancy) I just bought a new one after having my charging system checked, i didnt feel like spending hours at a dealer..

The only other problems I had with the car non-engine wise was the driver side rear brake bulb, kept blowing.. they fixed that before the recall.. and a piece of trim inside the drivers side door came loose and wore off the paint on the inside of my drivers side door, had that repaired under warranty also..

Sunday, April 10, 2005 3:26 PM
i had 34k on my 03 eco before it was totalled out... only problem with it was the clutch went out.. but ya from my front end collision the motor and trans were pushed back an inch or 2 and the car still ran and drove straight.. even with the radiator pushed in didnt leak any fluids

"Theres a time in every mans life where he hits a cross roads and...wait...are you wearing panties?"
AZ-JBO

Sunday, April 10, 2005 8:52 PM
im almost at 19,000 (2002), ive only put 8000 on it and its been a year. i dont drive enough.
Monday, April 11, 2005 9:52 PM
bought brand new Mar of 04 with 12 miles on it and now crossing over to 62000 mi

04 sunfire auto, mid 15's n/a, and still going
Thursday, April 14, 2005 4:24 AM
I have 69k on my 02 LS Sport which I havent had 3 years yet only had a few issues

Water Pump replaced at 60k
Throwout bearing replaced at 60k

I probably am boosting later than almost anyone though that goes on in 3 weeks and I'll be at 70k

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, April 14, 2005 4:48 AM
99,000 KM on my 2002 Z-24 Ecotec, no major problems, had the stalling issue, re-flash stopped it from stalling but not from dipping to about 500RPM at stop sign and then shooting back up to 1000RPM after being stopped for a second or 2.
Thursday, April 14, 2005 4:52 AM
*edit*

Also the no fan at two lowest settings issue... too lazy to fix that one, I compensate by driving Ace Ventura style (head out the window to feel that cool summer breeze)
Thursday, April 14, 2005 12:32 PM
a lil over 70 k and still no issues... driving like i stole it every day of the week

Thursday, April 14, 2005 10:07 PM

Sunday, April 17, 2005 7:28 PM
June 28, 2003 Bought brand new with 8 miles almost 2 yrs later: 26,678 miles not too bad...

Now for problems: (All problems were fixed under warrenty)

-Transmission had to be rebuilt at 15,000 miles along with the clutch and master cyclinder replaced

-Passenger side tail light kept melting plastic part of bulb, harness replaced

-Mysterious stalling, computer reflash

-HVAC selector not working properly; baffles that direct air (cables were replaced)

Other than that everything is ok I supose so far im happy....

Thursday, April 21, 2005 7:45 AM
Just got an 04 Sunfire last week...

7,3XX miles

Only problem I have is a clicking noise from umder the passenger side dash when the AC is on any mode other that Recurclate. Dealer said it's a bad actuator, and it's getting fixed under warrentee. The dealer is just waiting parts

Saturday, April 23, 2005 9:01 AM
27000k miles on my 03 Cavalier 5spd. Nothing seems to be wrong yet.

Sunday, April 24, 2005 11:21 AM
04 bought in Dec. 03 with 3 miles on it, and now (4.24.05) = 33,000 or so. probably didn't help that i drove to texas and racked up 3k in one week.
Sunday, April 24, 2005 5:54 PM
Bought mine july 8 2004, with 151 miles, drove it to the drag strip, with just over 200 miles on it, took er down the 1/4 mile, last wed 4/20/05 just rolled over 1100 miles, (about 800 are drag miles) broke her in the right way

-BEN
Monday, April 25, 2005 1:36 AM
I just rolled over 20,000 km in my 2005 after only 7 months of ownership.

Driving all the way to Las Vegas and back will do that I suppose.
Monday, April 25, 2005 4:05 PM
almost 28,000 miles on my 04. I've had it since November of 03. As of yet I have had nothing repaired, although my HVAC isn't working properly....air doesnt come out like it should, seems like something is blocking it.

Bryan
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search