Umm what the Hell - Page 2 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Umm what the Hell
Saturday, February 05, 2005 10:19 PM
well my 2nd and 5th grinds once in while but i tihnk that is me more or less being lazy and not shifting right.

MY 2003 SUNFIRE

Friday, February 11, 2005 2:09 PM
What would people do to cause damage to the synchros? I dont get it? especially after that little KM, myself I dont shift 100% clutch but whatever feels right. But when it grinds its not because Im not using enough clutch.

Anyone had that problem with their getrag where they go to put it in gear and you can hear it wind down as it grinds? Like from 4000rpm to 1000 where it gets into place? That happens in 4th alot. What is grinding when it does that? Is it synchros and will it eventually break completely if it keeps shifting like that?

Said by cheesecake: I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER GENERAL MOTORS PRODUCT IN MY LIFE GM CAN SUCK MY D*CK I AGREE!

Monday, February 28, 2005 7:55 PM
I had the same problem, grinding into 5th...twice....currently my car had 4400 miles on it. At 800 miles the tranny had to be replace and then like clockwork it had to be changed at 1600 miles but now it seems to be ok. I realized what the problem was, a little due to my driving and a little to a weak tranny. I went from a 5 speed camaro V8 to this sunfire and learned real quick it is no camaro. After trannys are replaced due to what ever gear, take extra care of those gears that went out on you in the first place, worked for me. OOH! and if that lemon law is 38 days in the first year......im at 35 days

01 Mustang GT 5-speed V8
94 Crapalier SS 5-speed I4
Monday, February 28, 2005 9:26 PM
luckly it was no problems asked about the tranny...

but now i have acheck engine light on... so well see what happens now... still gotta get the hvac fixed

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search