Has this ever happend to anyones 3rd gen? (cracked - Page 3 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Has this ever happend to anyones 3rd gen? (cracked
Friday, April 01, 2005 11:17 AM
its not happen to my car ......but in my wifes car its craked in the middle....it happen when they installeds her first cd player

Friday, April 01, 2005 11:37 AM
My '01 hasn't cracked yet, but i know someone else with an 01 that has a crack. The only difference between our interiorrs is he has a charcole interior while I have Tan, and I have a Dash mat & he does not.

Saturday, April 02, 2005 1:14 AM
owned.

has recently been fixed, but it was a $300 part and $500 worth of labor (about 6-7 hours)

sucks donkey balls

Saturday, April 02, 2005 4:18 AM
I may be able to get them made from carbon fiber. Mine is not cracked, yet. Would anyone be interested in this? I have no clue what price would be. I would also need to get the part to have it molded. I just want to see if there is enough interest.

My Z24 Sedan
Sunday, April 03, 2005 12:05 AM
you cant make the whole piece in CF, its the WHOLE inside of the dash...

you could however make some sort of cover that would go over top of it..

on sunfires i understand that it is different tho

Re: Has this ever happend to anyones 3rd gen? (cra
Sunday, April 03, 2005 10:36 AM
theres currently one goin on ebay for 10 bucks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7965109273&category=40017

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Monday, April 04, 2005 2:00 AM
holy @!#$ jump on that

for $10... this is like a $200 part and it looks prett mint

Monday, April 04, 2005 2:58 AM
redrider02 wrote:As sandstorm asked a few post before me.......how do you get the defoster cover off b/c I took out the long screw but it didnt come out...are there clicks that need to be push to remove it? Also I heard there is a screw you remove in your glove box that helps also.

http://www.j-body.org/library/howto.php?9

My 2k3 Chevy | Nebraska Region SCCA
Monday, April 04, 2005 10:44 AM
hahahaha mine did that too but the @!#$ty thing is that when i bought the car it was already boke someone had just fiberglassed over it and u coulndt tell that it was crakced and all it did was peel off about 4 months after......so its just from being a cheap car i believe not from bass or anything...but bass prolly doesnt help any either

P.S. i didnt read a single other reply in here cause there is already 3 pages and im lazy so if someone else has said the same thing im sorry..

Later
David

Monday, April 04, 2005 9:35 PM
Thanx tommy boy
A had the vent part off but is it the 2 small bolts out in the open or is it the brass color bolt thats closer to the windshield thats sorta hidden unless you took the top part of the dash off? Also has anyone heard of losing a bolt thats inside the golve box that helps release the preasure also? Thanx for any help ppl can give me.
Later
Redrider02
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search