04 Cav DASH VERY HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
04 Cav DASH VERY HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday, February 27, 2005 11:13 PM
Hey guys, Im curious to know if any of you had problems with your DASH heating up super hot that it turns the Cyrstals in ur millage read out red??? I swear my dash had to be about 200+ Degrees, I found out that my left air vent wasnt putting out any flow of air and im woundering if that has any thing to do with it, it goes to the dealership tomarrow for a check out just woundering if u guys had any problems like this??

"Your a mean mean maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!"

Re: 04 Cav DASH VERY HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Monday, February 28, 2005 5:41 AM
I haven't had that problem before, but I'll keep an eye on that one tho.

Monday, February 28, 2005 5:52 AM
Thanks, well im heading out to the shop here in a few...so I will keep u guys posted on what they say.

Monday, February 28, 2005 1:58 PM
I have seen where the foam on the mode door in the hvac air box becomes dettached and lodges in the air duct blocking air flow out the dash vents.

Monday, February 28, 2005 2:05 PM
If it is turning red hot like that then it is most likely an elictrical short. You may have a fire back there. Your HVAC can't really be heating things up to 200 degrees.

Monday, February 28, 2005 4:38 PM
Well I dont know if it was 200 but i swear it felt like it. But I will have to go with zsquee24 on this one, because of the fact that my left air vent isnt blowing out much at all even with all other vents shut closed.. They shop agrees and they are gonna take a look at it in the AM, ill keep u posted though

Monday, February 28, 2005 5:14 PM
I'm willing to bet that if it was 200 degrees the dash would start melting and warping. Taking the dash pad off will reveal the cause for sure.
Monday, February 28, 2005 5:49 PM
when you were hot boxing in your car ... did you acidently push the *ahem* item into the vents??

dan

Monday, February 28, 2005 9:35 PM
lol, no, you guys crack me up.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 3:00 PM
Ok, latest news, ITS FIXED. Stupid ass door was loose so it was cutting off the vent, SO zsquee24 nice observation...Thanks

Take care guys

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:58 PM
Mine does this after very long periods of being on (road trips). It just starts to turn red in the middle until the whole lcd is red. Cluster gets very warm, but it takes like 5-6 hours of night driving before that happens...

No mods...Yet

Thursday, March 03, 2005 5:41 AM
Check your air vents, do they all flow Evenly?? my left Dash vent was restricted..

Sunday, March 06, 2005 8:04 PM
Mines been red for awhile now, never thought much of it.

Guess i' should check it out.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 9:39 PM
Yea, i just got mine fixed today. My vents werent blowing any air out and i noticed my odometer was turing red. So the foam piece on the mode door was replaced and everything is back to normal.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search