Should I buy - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Should I buy
Thursday, March 10, 2005 3:07 PM
I have a 97 Sunfire with a 2.2 auto in it. The motor is a little too slow and I think it has seen better days. It just hit 98,000 miles. I just went to a local junk yard to see if they have any 2.4L's or Ecotec's. they had nothing worth getting in the 2.4s. However, they were getting in a 2002 sunfire with a eco in it. (came stock, i guess it was the LS sport). The motor has about 7,000 mile on it. they are asking $1600 with all of the accessories, such as the motor, tranny, ECU, wire harness, and all components. They are also going to check every aspect of the motor and make shure it is perfect. My question is do you guys think i should buy it or do you think there are better deals out there. The swap is no problem so dont say just to buy a new car.

Re: Should I buy
Thursday, March 10, 2005 3:21 PM
Doesn't sound like too bad of a deal.

BTW, Sunfires never hand an LS Sport trim, LS was exclusive to the Cavalier, its probably an SE or something.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, March 10, 2005 3:31 PM
Ok I wasn’t sure about the LS or what not. all i know is that was the year that the did the transition between the 2.4 and the 2.2 eco. does any one know of any problems with this motor? Any more opinions are Appreciated.

Thursday, March 10, 2005 6:38 PM
The used 2.4's in the beginning of the year and 2.2 Ecos towards the end. The Eco will work, but its not a direct swap. People on here have done it though, and could probably give you pointers.

'03 LS SPORT COUPE 5 SPEED black with teal/silver pinstripe

Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:07 PM
so basicly your getting everything u need for the swap.....

i would do it if that was the case

caviefreak: Ya know what I like about winter. Ya can get a bunch of beer out of the fridge and put it in the window sill so ya dont have to make as many trips out to the fridge
Friday, March 11, 2005 7:34 PM
Sounds like a kick azz deal to me. Post pics if you buy it and when your done.

CLICK SIG FOR UPDATED CARDOMAIN
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search