preformance chips - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
preformance chips
Monday, January 31, 2005 12:09 PM
does anyone know if there is a super chip or jet chip for the 99 sunfire 2.2l sfi.? <br>

Burn rubber not you'r soul...

Re: preformance chips
Monday, January 31, 2005 12:11 PM
waste

of

money

obd2 systems cannot be "chipped"

i hate to be like everyone else... but search the word "chip" on these forums and you'll find your answer pretty easily
<br>

Monday, January 31, 2005 12:16 PM
thanks for the info. I guess I'll just have to fork out for a turbo.$3900.00 later <br>

Burn rubber not you'r soul...
Monday, January 31, 2005 12:40 PM
Well you cant comapre a performance chip to a turbo, theres is a huge difference in power, if you are looking for the same increase as a chip, try an intake or exhaust, or both. Probably around the same amount of money youd pay anyways. <br>

Monday, January 31, 2005 6:04 PM
Just wait for a few more months, tuning software is coming out for us sometime, under the Boost forum? There is a HUGE post by RoboGeek on the topic.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005 6:46 PM
what about venom's 400? isnt that a piggyback module, that changes sensor's values, tricking the pcm, making more power? I only have a cat back and a gutted intake, and i can feel the difference when i move the intake temp sensor to the front grille.
Tuesday, February 08, 2005 7:19 PM
the Vemon 400 is BS. dont waste your money
and that intake temp to the front grill is bogus too. it jsut makes you burn more gas

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, February 09, 2005 4:40 AM
read up little boy, you have a lot to learn

Saturday, March 26, 2005 7:04 AM
MeltdOwn350 aka cOdy wrote:waste

of

money

obd2 systems cannot be "chipped"

i hate to be like everyone else... but search the word "chip" on these forums and you'll find your answer pretty easily

That's odd.
I work for an extended warranty company and just the other day I denied a warranty claim on a 2001 Chavy C1500 Siverado. They fried the PCM and inturn the tranny, all because they "CHIPPED" it.

Saturday, March 26, 2005 7:16 AM

My company (OBDProject.com) is working to hack the GM ECU. The computer is not chippable because the EEPROM (the chip that holds all the data) is surface mount soldered to the PCB board. This means that the chip cannot be removed and replaced with a pass-through-board chip like the OBD-1 was. So either they used a Hypertech Reprogrammer to reprogram it, or they used HP Tuners software or similar software to reprogram it, but I will guarentee that the vehicle was not chipped. I'm making a business of opening these ECU's up and knowing them intimately.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, March 26, 2005 7:38 AM
I have pics of it somewhere on my companies server. if i find them again, i will post.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search