Strut noise? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Strut noise?
Monday, April 04, 2005 5:26 PM
(2000 Cav. Z24) Noise coming from front left wheel opening, when hitting a pot hole or bump, creaking or rubbing noise, more noticeable in colder weather.

Re: Strut noise?
Monday, April 04, 2005 6:25 PM
i have a squeek that comes from my drives side front strut now and then. i believe ive seen people on here say its the upper strut mount bearing going bad. guess i aughta take it in while shes still under warranty...

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 1:08 PM
YEA!!! that happend to me too! jus noticed it this winter wen i washed my car and i notice it while i was goin over the trank tracks.. i didnt really notice it before cause i had my sounds on all the time till i blew my Sub and then it was like quiet ,i noticed it every damn time i wen over i bump.. started pissing me off so i got a new sub and fixed my probem.
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 6:22 PM
If it is the upper strut mount bearing do you have to replace the whole strut? Or can you spray some lube on it to quiet it down?
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 6:35 PM
i think you only have to replace the upper strut mount...not the whole strut. but that does require removing the strut/spring assembly from the car. spray lube would be only a temporary fix at best...

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 11:00 AM
yeah i get creaking coming from both struts, when you replace it is it part of the strut cartridge? basically do i have to seperate the spring from the strut?

Chase the ace, but your nothing with out bass.
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 9:50 PM
you will need spring compressors i had my mechanic do it and i watched its not to hard if you got some spring compressors.

first bring down the whole strut, compress the spring take the strut mount off and put the new one on.

DO IT or your strut will come up throught and dent the inside of your hood, both of mine went (at different times of course) but now I have little devil horns on my hood.lol.

racing a ford is like racing a fat kid.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search