crank pulley weight - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
crank pulley weight
Saturday, April 02, 2005 4:46 PM
just wondering what the stock crank pulley weight on a 96 Z24 is.
unorthodox says like either 4.7lbs or 4lbs 7oz but I don't beleive its that much
just wanna know the dif between that and my 12oz rsm. ohh and if you know the altpulley weight too that would be cool too thanks

Re: crank pulley weight
Saturday, April 02, 2005 6:27 PM
i think you are takling about the flywheel weight 4lbs
crank pulley is different

Monday, April 04, 2005 4:36 PM
ummm nope Im actually talkin about the crank pulley.
If our cars came with a 4lb flywheel stock...Damn son... the stock flywheel for my Z i think is 22or21lbs stock that would just be crazy if it had a 4lb one. thats just too light man and I know the difference to I know my cars decently
Monday, April 04, 2005 7:44 PM
I do not have a more accurate scale, I guess I could take it to the post office and weigh it there, but by my home scale my crank pulley off of my 01 2.4 weighs about 4 lbs + or - a couple of ounces.
Monday, April 04, 2005 8:16 PM
its sounded like they said thier product if 4lbs and the factory one you dont know
huh
well when i get my new crank pulley in ill weigh my old one

Friday, April 08, 2005 12:40 PM
It weights close to 3 pounds for my 2200, at least that's how much it feels to me. But the weight of the crank pulley on the 2200 do not really affect the performance if you downsize it, all it is, is that you are turning a bigger pulley such as your a/c with smaller pulley, so it's easier. Confused? Here

On a bike, you have 6 gears in the back and 3 gears in the front, when you shift the front to the biggest gear and leave the rear in the smallest gear, you'll have the heaviest paddle to paddle. But when you move the front to the smallest gear and the rear to the biggest gear, it's the easiest to paddle. The front gears are like your crank, and the rest are the rear gears. So if you have a smaller crank, it's easier for it to turn the other pullies, but too small will cause a lack of power since smaller pully is turning less of a turn for the other pullies compare to your stock crank.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search