I NEED QUICK INFO!!!!!!!!! - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I NEED QUICK INFO!!!!!!!!!
Thursday, April 21, 2005 6:12 PM
OK now I know this is probably a repost but I did search and I came up empty sooo...I jus need to ask a few questions. I wanna swap an eco into my 2002 cav with the 2200. What parts will i need and what transmission will i need (5 spd of course) to get this thing to work. Stuff like wiring harness whatever I need to know EVERYTHING I dont want to be in the middle of this to find out i need something else. Any help is appreciated.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Re: I NEED QUICK INFO!!!!!!!!!
Thursday, April 21, 2005 7:00 PM
The only thing I remember from reading posts is that you'll need:

Engine
Transmission

Not trying to be an ass, but thats all I know. g/l
Friday, April 22, 2005 12:58 PM
Since you have the 5 speed already, you just need to drop the Ecotec and its tranny into place. Your axles, your shift cables, they will all work. You will need a clutch/flywheel for you new Engine/Trans.

You will also need the full Ecotec engine harness w/ ECM. This will plug right into your body harness (large plug by your air box). The only thing left is the EVAP, and I'm not sure what your EVAP setup is like, but the EcoTec's purge soliniod mounts on the Power steering pump. Oh yea, you will need to pick up a power steering pump and lines from either a 2.4 or EcoTec (same setup)

I think that about covers it..... you might need the fuel lines from the engine to the body lines...... but it might come with the engine.

Check the classifieds for engine/trans.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, April 22, 2005 7:05 PM
Thx i really appreciate it. HERE COMES THE ECO!!!!!!

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search