programmers??? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
programmers???
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 12:51 PM
I have 96 2.4 and have just the basic mods. I am looking into building a motor for it. For right now my question is if I get the crane cams digital ignition and the apexi safcII would I be getting my money's worth in performance out of the combo? I have intake exhaust, motor mounts, and guages to monitor everything. Or would you guys suggest going with the jet performance chip? I am new to the 2.4 performance, I just sold my 92 3000Gt vr4 so I am starting a new project. Any help or info would be great.

Re: programmers???
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 12:56 PM
read the FAQ in the performance forum. The 96+ cavy are OBDII so no chip. the JHet "chip", Venom module and TPS tech are just POS. don't buy any. they don't do anything. a digital ignition and the SAFC would not really give you enough to be worth it. unless you go with nitrous or F/I, you don't really need it.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 1:07 PM
Sorry...I forgot to mension that I am going to buy the j body performance ported intake manifold and 62mm throttle body and a header. Thats another question I have....will headers benefit my 96 2.4? Some vehicles benefit from headers others dont. And I meant the Jet performance MODULE. Its supposed to adjust air/fuel, timing, and other stuff. I know that with the ported manifold and a bigger throttle body, there will be lots of air entering the engine, so I need to upgrade the fuel. So i need bigger injectors and pump and someway to control it. Just wondering the best way to control everything....spark, fuel, air???
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 1:21 PM
the Jet module don't do anything. it doesn't adjust the A/F ratio. the only thing it does is make you throw money by the window. it only trick the IAT to think the air is colder than what it is so it's doesn't work. it only make you burn too much gas and make your spark plug dirty and your car is not fater. Car Custom dyno those "module" and he gain 1hp. not worth it for 200$ and it just f*** your ecm. don't bother with that.

the "port" manifold it money thrown away. it's plastic and you won't gain enough with the manifold for the price you're going to pay. check the FAQ and look for a 2.3 manifold swap. it's going to be alot cheaper than the "port" manifold.

No need to go with a 62mm unless you build the engine to need it. if you go with a 2.3 manifold, get the 56mm from the 2.3 or get a 59mm for the 2.4.

you don't need more fuel. you'll need alot more bolt on than that to need more fuel.

playing with the spark and the fuel for a stock 2.4 with bolt on is wasting time. you wouldn't gain much more than 5hp and it's not worth all the $$ you'll spend.

so in other word, 59mm max for the Tb, don't buy any module, don't touch the timming nor the fuel curves, don't get screw buy the "port" manifold.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 1:21 PM
You will not need bigger injectors and pump, the cars computer will handle it fine.
Any car will benefit from a headers, your 2.4 has one HEADER not headers.
The jet performance module is a piece of @!#$, i have a venom 400 i will almost give you.
Unless you are going with nitrous or boost the stock computer should handle everything fine.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, May 02, 2005 9:41 AM
Ok timeout/flag /pass interference basicly youre tellin her if she don't go charged up she won't get any power it's all a step of gettin motor to run better some go internals then elect. stuff others vise versa if u actully seen what it does u will say its worth it even if u don't go charged how it places power not adding but placing of it
how smooth and faster u pick up speed set limiter so car doese'nt bog down at least for 2200 folks .sfac will add power but not like massive 50 horses but with ignition no more than 10 but once again you can get your motor runnin better lean the rich spots where needed and viseversa and if you do go spray or charged you'll run a lot better than someone with just internals. Ive done afc before but sold it know I'm going emanage & msd Dis 2 cause I want to know how much my stock internals can take
no since in burnin up my good internals cause I don't have enough fuel / spark
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search