rebuild the cavy all crazy maybe going rwd - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rebuild the cavy all crazy maybe going rwd
Thursday, May 05, 2005 10:27 AM
well im working on geting the motor built now i like pistions and the bottom end will be done im useing a 283 v8

im working on find out how were going to go about building the frame i got a s10 frame were going to use the front of the frame then buld the rest with a 4 link rear end

i cant list all the stuff im going to do because im not sure on all the parts i know what im looking to do but ill get pics up latter

more info latter

Re: rebuild the cavy all crazy maybe going rwd
Friday, May 06, 2005 8:10 AM
283? Since you're doing a RWD conv. just put a crate 350 and put a Lingenfelter blower on it!

Is this setup for a daily drive or show, track? what?

Friday, May 06, 2005 11:40 AM
well im calling til i see it

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 10:38 AM
Yup, me too.. I'm waiting for the post where he said he junked the car, cause it cost too much to do all that stuff..

Dark blue 2002 Z24, 2.4 Ltr.
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 12:59 PM
If I had a dollar for everytime there was a post such as this, I'd have my Sunfire in pretty nice shape. Good luck though my friend.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 3:22 PM
Wish ya the best. That'll be one hell of a car if you ever get it running.

I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box, but at least I'm a pretty color
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 10:06 PM
Honestly, it wouldn't be hard at all to do. The cavalier body would practically bolt up to an S10 frame. So pretty much all you would be doing is a S10/V8 conversion which is simple. The major thing to do would probably shortening the frame. Building a four-link yourself seems like more work then you need to do, when you can just buy a bolt on setup for the S10's. I too have thought about this, but was easily deterred by the price factor.
Sunday, May 15, 2005 10:24 AM
283... get a 350.. but untill i see the pics im not gunna believe it

1989 Pontiac Sunbird GT - LT3
Sunday, May 15, 2005 2:54 PM
283? *pukes*

Sunday, May 15, 2005 7:30 PM
think again on the bolt up. you have to check wheel bases and all taht jazz. you can shorten a caprice frame and narrow it. i have seen this done once. but it was expensive as s###. good luck if you are going to try it. but uild a fastere motor for the car.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 10:34 AM
ok call it bs all you want but starting next week were striping the car all the suspension,motor,trans, and all that stuff we don't need this in no way will be the cheeps build but with labor being free all i have to do is buy the parts it should not be to bad i thank it should be done in a year or so

i my self will not be doing the welding my gf's uncle will seens he just got done building his frame im going to tack it all up and hes going to do the rest for the frame were going to use the front part of a s10 frame the rest we are making

the cavy floor will be moved up 3 inches and bracing will be added

here is the free car were starting with

the bottom end we took the block and crank to the shop the block is now 60 over and the crank is down sided .010 pics latter

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search