Need muffler - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need muffler
Thursday, May 05, 2005 9:54 PM
I dont own a 3rd gen, but a buddy of mine does. He wants a good muffler but doesnt know what to get. Its a 2001 Pontiac Sunfire GT, 2.4L standard. So he wants a nice rumble.. . if thats possible with that engine. Cat back will likely stay stock as he is not a big modder. So whats the best ? It doesnt have to be that extravagant. I always hear Borla is good, but that probably too expensive. How bout flowmaster 40 series? Is it actually any good and does anyone have sound clips? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Need muffler
Friday, May 06, 2005 9:18 PM
Anyone??
Saturday, May 07, 2005 3:13 AM
Borla or Magnaflow mufflers...I personally have Magnaflow and love it and heard Borla systems sound great also. Canister mufflers will just make it raspier.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, May 07, 2005 9:33 PM
what year is his carand where is he located?? i have a aftermarket muffler and am looking to go back to stock. but im looking for a muffler off of the newer cav's/fires (with the polished tip) so if he happens to have one and would like to trade, let me know!! my muffler is not "name brand" i got it at a local exhuast shop, but it does give a nice rumble, def. not buzzy! i also have a silencer in it, but he could take it out if he wishes!
let me know!! (email or im me please) i'll be gone on a short week vacation, but will check emails when i get back friday...

Sunday, May 08, 2005 11:28 AM
So oval mufflers generaly give a better low sound, while tube style are the jap style ones?
Sunday, May 08, 2005 2:19 PM
Hybird wrote:So oval mufflers generaly give a better low sound, while tube style are the jap style ones?

A GOOD oval one will give you a nice sound. That's why I highly recommend Magnaflow & Borla

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 8:12 AM
i dont like magna flow sounds ricey my friend one has it on his cav i went with the OBX b9.. got it on eby for like 60.00 its well worth it ! its nice and deep not really ricey

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 9:38 AM
Brandon Schmidt wrote:i dont like magna flow sounds ricey my friend one has it on his cav i went with the OBX b9.. got it on eby for like 60.00 its well worth it ! its nice and deep not really ricey

same i have an obx muffler too that i had custom piping made to get it to be a cat-back system. sounds really good. its not raspy at high rpms like the n-1 and hks mufflers. i forget the name of the company but alot of my buddies are starting to get them. they look like hks mufflers but they only cost 50 bucks and they get all their own custom piping done. they sound really nice. i wanna say fx designs but im not positive

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 10:12 PM
go wit hthe borla BOOMER series, there bad ass, and freakin huge
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 12:33 AM
^^ like I said, borla is probably out of the question, too expensive I think. Is this the one you guys are refering too? I think my friends got stock exhaust, any idea what size that is?.. probably have to jimmy up something to weld on the muffler and taper down to the stock exhaust size, maybe I could convince him to do the cat back. hah.. oh @!#$ I need a car of my own
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:03 PM
i think the stock exhauts is 1 1/2 maybe 1 1/4 dont hold me to that

Change is Currently in effect!!!

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:52 PM
The stock piping is 2" or on some years it could be 1 3/4"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search