99 cavy z24 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
99 cavy z24
Saturday, May 07, 2005 7:49 PM
hey all! i currently drive a 1993 pontiac sunbird le, thats all about to change. today i was driving home from work. theres a park n' sell on my way home. i always look over there, see if they have anything good as i drive by. today i noticed a white 99 cavy, it looked soo nice! i drove home and couldnt stop thinkin about it. i changed my clothes and drove back to check it out. very nice car, has the 2.4 engine bay was cleaned buy a dealer in Grand Rapids. spoiler, alloys, cd player and moonroof!! this is such an upgrade from my sunbird! i took the car for a test drive, faster, smoother soo much nicer than my 93. so i had to have it, went to the bank, got a loan. the car now has a sold sign on it...MINE!! i've gotta get it looked over by my mechanic hopefully on monday, transfer plates on tuesday and its mine! im so excited to get a newer car. i checked kelly blue book, eh car retail with 100,000 miles is worth about $6,000 with all the options this car has. private party was $5,600. i'm only paying $4,295. 100,000 is decent miles, i'm wondering if theres a catch?? car is originally from Toledo,Ohio, i bought a carfax report, it had 11 reports so i had to find out. i got ripped off, just a list of title transfers/ renewals. i'm the 3rd owner of it now.

Re: 99 cavy z24
Monday, May 09, 2005 9:53 AM
I got my 99 Z24 for $7200 and it had around 55k miles on it and a lot of mods from the previous owner (which I've swapped out completely as I've come to find out he did a @!#$ty job on everything). It's a great car, I love it.

- Ken

'99 Z24, Manual
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 6:49 PM
i love my z24!! i have never driven a cavy before, its sooo awesome. such an upgrade! i talked the guy i bought my car from down from $4295 to $3700. it needs new tires, has a couple minor top rust spots (bottom of doors, one spot on trunk under trunk door). its got so much get up for a 2.4. however this cavy is stock.
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 5:19 AM
It definately has better acceleration then most of the cars I tried. I think the gear ratios may be lower then most cars, dunno. You'll notice it has a lot more power in last gear then most cars have, and at the same time 4th gear is well within the RPM range if you want to drive with more kick on the highway.

'99 Z24, Manual
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search