Performance question - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Performance question
Thursday, May 05, 2005 8:53 AM
Car Type Pontiac
year 1995
make Sunfire

if i put in a performance engine can i do away with my stock chip or will it @!#$ up my car and ill need a performance chip??? And also will straight pipes on my car be as good as they say because of no backflow ?? well just some questions i thought id ask ..

Re: Performance question
Thursday, May 05, 2005 11:03 AM
you have no chips. unchippable starting in 95

Thursday, May 05, 2005 11:44 AM
Todd Nixon wrote:you have no chips. unchippable starting in 95

Incorrect, 95 was chippable. Mantapart sells them, depends on what "performance engine" you are talking about, and what engine management system you end up going with.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, May 05, 2005 6:54 PM
If you put a W41 or HO in there your gonna need a chip...

Saturday, May 07, 2005 3:17 AM
Drifter wrote:Car Type Pontiac
year 1995
make Sunfire

if i put in a performance engine can i do away with my stock chip or will it @!#$ up my car and ill need a performance chip??? And also will straight pipes on my car be as good as they say because of no backflow ?? well just some questions i thought id ask ..

Straight pipes won't help unless you are boosted (especially turbo). The less restriction, the better when it comes to turbo, that's why it's very benificial. Other than that, it will just make a ton of noise and fail you in inspection.

What kind of engine did you want to put in? Our cars are kind of limited to engine swaps between the ones that come in J-bodies and I've seen a couple 3400 swaps. What did you have in mind?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, May 07, 2005 3:17 AM
By the way, for performance questions, you would have better responses if you wrote in the Performance forum.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, May 09, 2005 10:50 AM
sounds like a newbie

back flow? u mean back pressure?

if your car is obd2 compliant you need to have it reprogramed not rechipped

2000 Dark metallica green cavalier. (2.2 2200) pace setter 4-1 header, magna flow cat, dual quad tip dtm muffler, 1800 watt stereo with satalite radio, momo 16in rims, rk sport strut bar, rear vibrant strut bar, indeglow gauge cluster along with matching hvac panel, clear corner lenses, altezz tails, Crossdilled slotted roters with ceramic brake pads, carbon fiber oem style hood, rsm lightened crank pulley, MSD Ignition coil packs, RSM Vortech Supercharger 8psi, 300cc venom injectors....

"Disarters are just another star falling in my yard."
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search