Eco swap questions i need help with - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Eco swap questions i need help with
Thursday, May 19, 2005 11:09 PM
OK i donno if this has been posted before or not or if any one else has had this problem.

i have resently done a turbo ecotec swap in to my 2001 GT fire. the engine in all in and all the wires are all run.

i have tried to turn over the engine but the anti theift lock kicked in now i have to take to doa dealer ship and have the flash the computer, not a big deal, kinda know i had to do that. but i am having trouble wiht my interior harness.

with my stock 01 interior harness and bcu when i turn my head lights on my driver side door unlocks. and my whipers dont work, but everything else seems to be working, gauges, power windoes, ect

so we thought it was th bcu, so we put in an ecotec bcu and now when i tuen my lights on nothing happens same with my whipes but then everything else works.

has any one who has done the eco swap in a 00+ had any trouble with their interior harness or did u swap it our too.

cuz i am pretty sure the interior harnesses are teh same for 01 to 05 cuz the bcus are the same and everything seems to work except for the lights and whipers.

and the fact the theft lock is on and i cant acually turn the car over.

help me

Re: Eco swap questions i need help with
Friday, May 20, 2005 8:29 PM
well i know when the theft lock came on in mine...i just let it sit with the key turn'd to position 2, after about 20 mins(varies) the light stopped flashing and i was able to start my car.
with the BCU probs..first off if you put in a new bcu, i beleive they need to be programed. and if you where haveing problems with the old one..did you check to see if there where any wires pinched or corroded..cause that'll cause a problem like yours for sure
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search