Gauge Conversion Question? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gauge Conversion Question?
Wednesday, May 18, 2005 9:44 PM
Is it possible to switch a 00-04 guage in a 95-99 cavy even though the mileage is digital?

Re: Gauge Conversion Question?
Wednesday, May 18, 2005 10:30 PM
anything is possable, but I don't think it'd be worth the time, engery or money.

for starters,your looking at some custom F/G work to the dash because the clusters are not the same size. You would also have to do some custom wiring because the plugs are different. Then since 00+ J's keep the milage in ECM, you'd have to figgure that out (the digital odo's on the 98 & 99 J's is kept in the cluster itself). THEN you have to deal with Passlock...

Like I said, not really worth it IMO

Thursday, May 19, 2005 7:07 AM
Thanks. Well do u know like a website/company that make 140mph speedometers for the 95-99. I know Blackcatcustoms is on but they only make them for the 00 and up cavys.
Thursday, May 19, 2005 4:45 PM
I think the only way you're going to be able to get a speedometer that goes higher it to buy aftermarket gauges. Something like the Autometer gauges. If you do that then you're looking at redoing the entire gauge cluster and it'd really add up. Why do you need 140 MPH anyways? Our cars are governed to 108 MPH.

Still cruisin stock.
Sunday, May 22, 2005 9:09 PM
Justin wrote:....Our cars are governed to 108 MPH.

and dont even ask how to disable the govenor

"Official Jewish J-Body"
Sunday, May 22, 2005 9:59 PM
whats a govenor?? ..lmao ..j/k
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search