engine swap?? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
engine swap??
Monday, May 23, 2005 1:54 PM
my engine has about 130,000 miles on it and my transmission is not quite up to par i was looking to maybe swap to a 2.2 ecotec engine... i know the process is a lot more than taking one out and putting one in but if anyone could point me in the right direction

Re: engine swap??
Monday, May 23, 2005 1:59 PM
well its alot of work actually. if i were you id just swap in a 2.4 instead. there is a post somewhere here where it tells you the list of parts you need. i was going to do the same but then realized swapping in a 2.4 is more realistic for me (plus they perform ABOUT the same, the eco is better though)

Monday, May 23, 2005 2:25 PM
I would definitly say you'd be better off with the 2.4, considering the 2.4 was available in 97. The eco would work, but would be more difficult. I would say that the performance between the two motors are VERY comprable. The 2.4 is going to be faster at first, but I think the eco has more potential for aftermarket and the future.

Although for the amount of money you'll spend putting a new engine in your 97, consider replacing the car with a new Cavalier, you could probably get a 2000-2002 Z24 or a 03+ eco for the same money.... it's up to you though!

Monday, May 23, 2005 3:28 PM
i say get a 2.3

THE GUY SURE LOOKS LIKE PLANT FOOD TO ME!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search