Stock exhaust look, but 2.5" ..any thoughts?? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stock exhaust look, but 2.5" ..any thoughts??
Thursday, May 26, 2005 7:10 PM
well basically what the title says. See i'm looking into a new cat-back, 2.5" cause i'm going boost in the near year. Ne-waz i'm getting the Gravana coils(man i hope that goes through) , so basically when its dropped i don't wanna see the exahust, kinda like the stock is right now..question is with 2.5" piping and a dual outlet magnaflow muffler with tips facing kinda down(just like stock)..think this would sound bad..a.k.a "Rice"

Re: Stock exhaust look, but 2.5" ..any thoughts??
Thursday, May 26, 2005 7:40 PM
Depends on what muffler you use, without a resonator it will probably sound like a pissed off weed whacker.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, May 26, 2005 8:44 PM
well i was thinking on goin with a magnaflow 2.5"inlet/outlet ..yah i would have a resonator also to help cut down some, any other ideas on a muffler that you might of heard is good as far as the sound goes to keep it away from the weed whacker tone??
Thursday, May 26, 2005 10:50 PM
Shifted wrote:Depends on what muffler you use, without a resonator it will probably sound like a pissed off weed whacker.

Actually I have a Full 2 1/2" exhaust setup with dual exit setup running no resonators and when I didn't have any inside motor work done, it sounded nice and deep. I think it's mostly on the mufflers and how loud you want it. If you want it ultra deep and low, get resonators but to me it's not necessary if you have the right setup.

Quote:

well i was thinking on goin with a magnaflow 2.5"inlet/outlet

Also, I have magnaflows and they sound great. Huge difference from when I had those crappy Flowmasters and it flows better also.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, May 29, 2005 8:15 PM
well i went for it and got the 2.5" piping and a magnaflow muffler, no resonator...car sounds sweet. the tone isn't to loud, and its nice..none of that riceness. I def feel a low, mid and high end increase, i've heard ppl say theres a loss with the low end on 2.5" piping and a gain in high end via the other way around too..well my power band feels awesome to me, no detectible loss. Only down side is theres no shop in the area to mask up mandrel bends..so i had to go with a crush pressure bend..i mean the bends aren't that bad just except for going over the axel beam..it gets pretty thin, i'll just buy some angles off summit and fit them in place.
Sunday, May 29, 2005 8:36 PM
Quote:

i mean the bends aren't that bad just except for going over the axel beam..it gets pretty thin

Remember, if you have parts of your exhuast that are thin and are possibly 2 1/4" at that bend, you pretty much have the performance of a 2 1/4" exhaust system. Get that checked out bro...

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 9:24 AM
FLOWMASTER, and dont even put a tip on it....like mine

pic of my car w/ the flowmaster

Re: Stock exhaust look, but 2.5
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 3:18 PM
kinda what i set up ..just with a magnaflow

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search