help with cooling problem - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help with cooling problem
Saturday, June 04, 2005 9:09 PM
i have a 99 z24 now my problem is when you start the car the fan runs and it never shuts off till the car is shut down now i think it is the coolent sensor being bad but was wondering if anyone else had this problem?????

Re: help with cooling problem
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 3:29 PM
could be your thermostat too.

GO PATS!!!
Friday, June 10, 2005 10:28 PM
I'm going to agree with your coolant temp sensor. It could go faulty causing an open loop situation with the computer. With no reading from the sensor, rather than having the car overheat, it will kick on the fan roughly 1-3 minutes from the time you start it up.

The other thing could be if you're running the AC or defroster the fan will kick on automatically. That can't be bypassed.

HTH

--

Sunday, June 12, 2005 3:19 PM
Check the Relay or replace it

Sunday, June 12, 2005 10:29 PM
i dont have a a/c or defroster anymore but i swaped out the sensor today at that seems to be the fix
Monday, August 01, 2005 7:50 PM
nick99z24 wrote:i have a 99 z24 now my problem is when you start the car the fan runs and it never shuts off till the car is shut down now i think it is the coolent sensor being bad but was wondering if anyone else had this problem?????

Same thing seems to have happened to me recently after my coolant flush. Was it easy to change the coolant sensor? Whereabouts is it located in the engine bay?

J
Re: help with costant fan problem
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 6:21 AM
nick99z24 wrote:i dont have a a/c or defroster anymore but i swaped out the sensor today at that seems to be the fix

I also have no A/C anymore, but the radiator fan still comes on when I turn my "A/C" on.

I was going to say it probably was the thermostat or a relay.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search