Got a question about power windows - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Got a question about power windows
Friday, April 22, 2005 6:21 AM
I've got a problem with my passenger power window on my 99 z24, the weird thing is the window will go down, but it wouldn't go up. After playing around with it for like 15 mins, it eventually went up, i was wondering if anyone knows what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Got a question about power windows
Friday, April 22, 2005 6:57 AM
I'm familiar with this in alot of Saturn cars. Usually it is the actual switch thats going bad, or there's a slide in the the regulator that might need to be replaced, or the worst option is that the regulator or motor itself is going bad.

If it is the motor, you should here the motor working (making noise) while u press the button. If no noise then it's most likely the switch, or bad wiring.
Friday, April 22, 2005 7:22 AM
the weird thing about it is i tryed to see how it was this morning because it was last night were i was having the problem, and now its ok.
Saturday, April 23, 2005 7:33 AM
I had this exact same problem with my old 96 Ford Contour.

It went down but sometimes would and sometimes wouldnt go back up, you had to hit the up buttom several times before it would.

It was the switch that I first replaced and it fixed it.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Sunday, April 24, 2005 12:04 PM
switch or motor, if the motor goes, you'll hear nothing when you hit the power button too....

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Monday, April 25, 2005 5:23 AM
window motor failure is common in jbodies.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Saturday, April 30, 2005 6:47 PM
the regulator has gone twice in one of my windows. and i think one is going in on of my back doors too. they will always go down no problem, then it takes a long time to get them to go back up. take my word for it and get it fixed, cause mine got stuck down in a rain storm. that wasn't too much fun

partyboycav
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 10:21 AM
thats the motor.. get it replaced.... mine did the same thing for a while and then i finally crapped out.. i replaced the motor and now its all good...

Monday, May 30, 2005 7:55 PM
I cleaned the switch for mine.. I push the button and all I hear is a single click from inside the door (both doors). What do you think.. 2 bad motors? bad switch?
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 8:01 AM
An easy way to test is to put a volt meter on the back of the switch. Press the button either direction. If the volt metter registers power then it's not the switch. If it does not then its the switch.
Saturday, June 04, 2005 9:05 PM
i have the same problem witn my 99z today i took and rewired the switch to the drivers side to see if it was the motor or the switch and it worked just fine so im thinkg the passenger switch is bad

Saturday, June 04, 2005 10:23 PM
i have my harness that connects to the window motor come loose somtimes causing those problems

96 cavi'/WI j's
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search