Spark, and fuel but wont crank? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Spark, and fuel but wont crank?
Wednesday, June 08, 2005 11:04 AM
OK well this has happened for the fourth time and makes NO sence.
I go out to my car hop in go to crank it and the starter turns and turns and turns forever but it wont fire.

after trying to crank it the 3rd or 4th time you can smell gas from the exaust, and i have tested the plugs it IS getting spark So WHY wont it run?!

Its ACTING like its not getting fuel but i know it IS

the last 3 times this happened i just continued trying it and it would finnaly crank out of no where and run fine for a month or 2 then i get the problem again.
this time it wont crank again.
Nothing significant has happened that could have "triggered" this problem everytime was after a night and the day before I drove around town running errands so i cranked the car multiple times.

HELP!
I was told it could be a blown ECU fuse but I dont have an ecu fuse

I checked all my fuzes even swaped m all out and still nothing...

Re: Spark, and fuel but wont crank?
Wednesday, June 08, 2005 5:41 PM
Hey, Spyder.

What year and model. Maybe the battery is old enough to not have enough total power to start the car. Does it sound like its cranking slower than it used to?
Thursday, June 09, 2005 12:26 AM
timing off maybe, bad spark check plug gaps, coil packs might be going, bad plug wires, fuel filter maybe cloged, check everything over. if the motor is cranking over then it shouldnt be the battery cause its supplyin the power to crank the motor. so im thinking its either ignition or fuel related but i could be wrong

J-Bo driver once again.......

16... 15... 14... 13... 12... 11... 10... 9...
Monday, June 13, 2005 1:04 PM
Battery is BRand new Yellowtop
I replaced the sparkplugs, cables, coils, modulator, fuel filter has less than 3k on it.

Turnes out that it was the wiring harness that goes from the pump to the car had a bad connection, it would turn the pulp on but not open the valve.

Thursday, June 16, 2005 9:09 AM
try the crank postion sensor. after doing my timing chain and water pump, my car started twice then after that it wouldnt start. i did the same thing, checked for spark and fuel and everything.... ended up being the crank sensor... like $20 at the local parts store
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search