head swap - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
head swap
Thursday, May 26, 2005 11:31 AM
Is it posible to put a 2.4 DOHC Head on a 2.2 SOHC engine block?

Re: head swap
Thursday, May 26, 2005 11:39 AM
No.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, May 26, 2005 11:40 AM
Plus, you have a OHV engine, not a SOHC, so you'd end up with 3 cams and pushrods that don't push anything.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, May 26, 2005 11:59 AM
Thanks man.....im just kind of new at this. my friend has a 1990 Honda Civic hatchback....he's got a honda ZC imported motor from japan with a t3-t4 hybrid turbo. it halls ass. im just looking for ways to beef my engine up so it can at least run with his for a while. Any suggestions??
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 1:50 PM
that all depends on how much u wanna spend
Friday, June 03, 2005 3:11 AM
Go in the performance section, you will find many options.
Sunday, June 05, 2005 6:51 PM
the pacesetter header is the best performance / dollar mod in my eyes, the OEM unit is a huge bottleneck. if you want to make a manifold, well sort of a hybrid TBI / MPFI manifold you can swap to a 91' TBI head, this was the year GM tried to get more power out of the pushrod before boring/stroking. stiffer valve springs, slightly bigger valves slightly smaller chamber, i forget the exact numbers but have them somewhere.

CAR GODS MADE THE 1.6 SOHC TO MAKE US 2.2 OHV GUYS FEEL BETTER.
Monday, June 06, 2005 2:38 PM
you won't run with your friend unless you spend upwards of 10k on your engine.

15.958 @ 88.201 stock, still getting @!#$ty launches...
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 11:47 AM
$10,000......your crazy. he only has $3,500 under his hood......its just a light car. his honda was manufactured in Canada which is a lot lighter than the ones manufactured in america.....The wieght per horsepower ratio has a lot to do with the fact that his car is so quick.
Thursday, June 16, 2005 7:46 PM
lmao a honda is a honda, they all weigh the same. but a good car.
Friday, June 17, 2005 6:05 AM
wow i think shifted is the only one that knows what he is talking about. all my buddies drive hondas so i know a decent amount about them. the 92-95 hatchs were the lightest out of the hondas ( cx being the lightest i believe ). a zc motor is an alright engine, not the best choice though to put in a hatch

civic4doorsleeper wrote:
Code: ZC
Specs: 1.6L 16V DOHC PGM-FI
Displ.: 1595
Model: '88-'91Civic Si (EF), '86-'89 Integra (AV)
Origin: JDM
HP: 129@6800
Torque: 106@5700
CR: 9.6:1

Code: ZC
Specs: 1.6L 16V DOHC PGM-FI
Displ.: 1595
Model: '90-'93 Integra (DB)
Origin: JDM
HP: 119@6300
Torque: 105@5500
CR: 9.0:1

DanteMustDie wrote:you won't run with your friend unless you spend upwards of 10k on your engine.

wow is all i can say to that

depending on what is done to your buddies zc besides the turbo, i say if you put a turbo on your cav with a few minor fuel upgrades and injectors, you'll be able to stay w/ him and if you wanted to you could add a 50 shot. all that for about the same amount he probably put up for his car

Friday, June 17, 2005 6:38 AM
sorry I don't count nitrous, and to make a 2.2 ohv fast you need lots of money, a small turbo won't cut it, and a big turbo will require better internals and if he gets all that installed by somebody else than him, the cost increases really fast. It also depends on what the turbo zc runs. with a 90' turbo hatch he might be running 12's since those things weigth almost nothing compared to our J's. It's very easy to do in a civic.

If you believe a 2.2 ohv can be made fast without much money invested, just ask those who did make them fast. The few of them...

15.958 @ 88.201 stock, still getting @!#$ty launches...
Friday, June 17, 2005 3:44 PM
theres a difference between fast and just keeping up. he said the civic has a t3/t4 turbo. your basic turbo. the stock 2.2 has 115 hp. if his buddy has the better zc it comes w/ 130hp. figure basic turbo set up will put you about 75-80 hp higher. theres no need to run a big turbo on the 2.2 a t3/t4 will do fine. if you put anything bigger on there its gonna take longer to spool. i still think w/ a basic turbo kit and a 50 shot he will be able to hang w/ his buddies hatch. my buddy has a zc in his crx. my moms z can take him. granted the hatch is lighter, he can make his cav light to by removing all the crap inside.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search