Quarterpanel Rust - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Quarterpanel Rust
Thursday, June 02, 2005 7:41 AM
Hey, Ive been having this rust creep up on my quarter panel from my rocker on my driverside. Ive seen a lot of 3rd gens around me that are starting to have this problem! What about you?

Its not my cavaliers fault, its a taco burner!

Re: Quarterpanel Rust
Thursday, June 02, 2005 9:48 AM
nope

Thursday, June 02, 2005 1:46 PM
yeah...i gotta take care of that this summer, id hate to see what another wisconsin winter would do to it

Thursday, June 02, 2005 7:20 PM
Nope... got a 95 with 158k on it... ONLY spot of rust is a small spot on the left rear frame rail... only the size of a quarter...

Thursday, June 02, 2005 10:18 PM
is yours rusting where the rear corner panel and the rocker are welded together. Both sides of my car are doing it and basically every cavalier i see around here does also thats old enough. Those ohio winters and all that salt they use is the cause of this.
Friday, June 03, 2005 7:31 AM
Well mine is jsut behind the drivers door there is the spot where teh quarter panel bents around teh rocker and well its welded to the rocker there! What i think happened is some how the quarter around the wheel well wasnt sealed right adn water got thru it that way. I noticed the paint start to bubble and I just pushed on it to see how long i could get out of it and my finger went thru and there was water inside so i dont know how bad it really is! But i do need to find a quarter panel or some metal i got an idea on how to fix it!

Sunday, June 05, 2005 9:15 PM
Nik where in wisconsin do you live?

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 10:23 AM
yeah mines doing it. need to finda shop to cut out the bad metal and re weld new in its place.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 9:27 AM
yep mine is doing that too, it was bubbling then i poked at it now it has a hole. looks like crap. i have a friend of the family that will fix it. i think he is going to cut it out and weld in a new peice somehow. but i have more performance crap i want to do first.

and i live in wisconsin(central) and dont drive it in the winter.

Thursday, June 09, 2005 9:36 AM
See some people dont understand me i see the paint starting to bubble and just have to poke it just act of nature. OKay not like it matters at all but see im from southern wisconsin and i heard that like eau claire, superior, eagle river, and all up there they dont use salt is that true?

Friday, June 10, 2005 8:16 AM
where in WI you from? and if they don't use salt up there...we surly don't need the salt down here

96 cavi'/WI j's

Sunday, June 12, 2005 6:30 AM
Yup.. On both sides.. Dealer replaced the quarter panel last year.. It's rusting again. I also have rust on the inside of my trunk and the front bumper (bumper not bumper cover).. The car isn't even 4yrs old yet

But my lease is almost up and I won't have to deal with it anymore!!!

Dark blue 2002 Z24, 2.4 Ltr.
Sunday, June 12, 2005 8:16 PM
i bought my 99 z24 about 3 weeks ago, the car was from Macomb, Mi then Toledo, Ohio. it has rust on the back, when u pop the trunk theres a circle or top rust/ bubbled paint around the left black rubber stopper that stops the trunk door from hitting the car. also after i bought the car i didnt notice theres more top rust on the bottom of both doors, only on the inside. i must go to a body shop before winter!! i am honestly surprised it has rust on it!
Sunday, June 12, 2005 9:04 PM
winter? whats winter? lol I live in the souther border, are winters only get to like 40 degrees farenheight, and thats only on harsh winter days maybe that's the reason mine doesnt have that? and mines a 97, we dont get much rain either.

Friday, June 17, 2005 8:34 AM
oh a month later i finally say you asking where i live...i live in beaver dam...which is between madison and fon du lac

96 cavi'/WI j's
Friday, June 17, 2005 2:36 PM
mines rusting in a few spots, nothing major yet... but my car has seen winnipeg winters since it was new... poor car...

-------------
Now Blazing: Northern Lights
Sunday, June 19, 2005 11:49 AM
mine has a little around the bottom of the gas filler cover nothing major yet

Monday, June 20, 2005 4:07 PM
yah im from elkhorn just south of you i also show you on a list for a meet in rockford nik were i think you meet up with my brother who drives a blue 04 ls cavalier with underglows and dual magnaflow camaro tips!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search