Theft system problem - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Theft system problem
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 10:18 AM
Ok here we go..I just bought a 96 cavalier off a junkyard to race in a 4-cyl race class at my local track,but it had no keys so i took out the ignition and hotwired it.
Now my problem is it will run and quit, is there any way to bypass this for a push button ignition? Theft light blinks then stays on.

Re: Theft system problem
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 10:43 AM
Interior FAQ, instructions are about half way down.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 11:37 AM
gotta have the key in it , for the theft , its the only way

or to use a module for the theft like they do for remote start alarms , but im not to sure how to wire that module to work with out the alarm

Sunday, July 17, 2005 7:35 PM
Yeah you pretty much need a key. What it supposed to do is start it, then it stalls out. You let the security light blink for like 10-15min then it should go off. But you need a key to do that I'm guessing since you said that the light blinks then stays on. The whole purpose for that security is to prevent what your trying to do, which sucks right now for you. Not sure how to go around ur problem in terms of re-wiring or by-passing. There's the possibility of getting another ignition cylinder and keys, but there's the possibilty of having to reflashing the computer for the new ignition, which is gonna cost a few unless you know someone that can get hands on tech 2 and the computer program to reprogram it (TIS 2000 I think its called, we have at the dealership). I can double check for you at work tomorrow with some of the other techs and see what they say.

Absolute Finest President
Hit us up at www.AbsoluteFinest.org
also checkout www.cnfxperformance.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search