a/c - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
a/c
Thursday, July 07, 2005 5:18 PM
i have a 2001 sunfire gt with 33,000km

its an auto

when i put on the a/c, and the car is at idle, the car sounds like its "putting"...the a/c sounds loud at idle like its putting too much strain on the engine

that normal?

Re: a/c
Friday, July 08, 2005 11:37 AM
sounds like my car... cept i have no hood liner so my engine is pretty loud at idle w/o the a/c on... but oh ya a/c puts alot of strain on the engine, i mean we both have auto 4cyls of course its gonna strain the engine.. and what exactlly does "putting" mean?

-------------
Now Blazing: Northern Lights
Friday, July 08, 2005 2:08 PM
or do i what i do just turn the a/c off and open all the windows even on 100 degree days lol

Adios cavalier.
Sunday, July 10, 2005 11:59 AM
^^^how about no

-------------
Now Blazing: Northern Lights
Friday, July 15, 2005 2:57 PM
Your A/C compressor has a clutch that turns off and on..thats what the strain on the motor is caused from when the A/C is turned on...this is normall for every vehicle that has A/C. Hence why you would go through more fuel with the A/C on than with it off. If you want to see what I'm talking about with the A/C compressor clutch. Pop the hood and look at the compressor(with a/c on) You'll notice the pulley on the compressor has an outter disc..this disc will stop and turn(a.k.a compressor clutch off and on)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search