S-AFC and H.I.D's Ballast - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
S-AFC and H.I.D's Ballast
Friday, July 08, 2005 11:14 PM
I am wondering how many people have tried wiring the S-AFC into the PCM. I had to go to three different chevy dealerships just to get the wiring codes for the PCM. After that it turned into a four hour job once I got it working I think it made a pretty good improvement. I am also wondering if anyone has a quick fix for a ballast for H.I.D's
that has been grounded out and is stuck in the on position. I have seen one guy explain it but it was all in Japanese got some of it but not profiecent enough with the language. Thanks

The no Sig is awesome

Re: S-AFC and H.I.D's Ballast
Saturday, July 09, 2005 8:53 AM
J's have reverse switched headlights...so when ground is applied they turn on...meaning...its gettin 12volts constant, then you add ground an they turn on, pretty much just switch the wires around...or wire your own harness, look in the exterior forum their is threads on HID's so a quick search

Saturday, July 09, 2005 8:07 PM
i had rewired mine with relays and a seperate switch worx fine for me i dint want to waste all my time with it .

sparky's fire
Monday, July 11, 2005 10:02 PM
I can atleast answer the question about the SAFC. Yes, you can hook it up. I have it on my 03 Sunfire and works wonders if you really want to tune it to a certain fuel amount. You didn't have to go to the dealership. I have a link if you want it...it tells you how to hook up a Greddy E-manage to your PCM which is the same way you have to hook up your SAFC-2. Let me know if you want it...

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 10:21 PM
Dr paul Thanks for the advice and NJs send me the info when you get a chance I'll check over my installation just to make sure I got it right. Turbologics@yahoo.com

Sig in the works
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 7:57 AM
- JynX - wrote:Dr paul Thanks for the advice and NJs send me the info when you get a chance I'll check over my installation just to make sure I got it right. Turbologics@yahoo.com

Sig in the works

Greddy Emanage Hookup

Enjoy

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 8:06 AM
- JynX - wrote:I am wondering how many people have tried wiring the S-AFC into the PCM. I had to go to three different chevy dealerships just to get the wiring codes for the PCM. After that it turned into a four hour job once I got it working I think it made a pretty good improvement. I am also wondering if anyone has a quick fix for a ballast for H.I.D's
that has been grounded out and is stuck in the on position. I have seen one guy explain it but it was all in Japanese got some of it but not profiecent enough with the language. Thanks

The no Sig is awesome

SO you hooked the SAFC up, did you go to a dyno and tune it? If not how did it make a difference?

FU Tuning

Thursday, July 14, 2005 1:01 PM
No I hooked it up for all the blue lighting, Yes I had it dyno tuned then went out and drove for awhile. I got close to 2 more mpg and that counts for alot when I was only getting 16 mpg in the city with the turbo.
Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:09 PM
- JynX - wrote:No I hooked it up for all the blue lighting, Yes I had it dyno tuned then went out and drove for awhile. I got close to 2 more mpg and that counts for alot when I was only getting 16 mpg in the city with the turbo.

Ok so what were your dyno numbers? How much did you gain with the tuning of the SAFC?

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search