2002 Cav Advice (buying) - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2002 Cav Advice (buying)
Monday, July 11, 2005 6:10 PM
Since my Credit score is pretty low (500's last i checked), im sorta stuck with high interest rates, but i was looking for some advice on this 2002 Cavalier ive been having my eye on. Here's the car, the dealer has to replace a power steering pump and a wheel speed sensor before i can test drive it, but its got a 100k mile warranty, and their asking price is quite high ($8495), even with the 2 dings on the trunk, the left side has a scuff mark, and the rear bumper has some paint trading issues (looks like it hit or had been hit by something blue). With the mileage its got, 73k miles, is it worth the investment? They want 10% down, and the guy said payments were looking at less than 300 a month (knowing dealers it'll be more than that). So whatcha think guys, is it worth it?

Re: 2002 Cav Advice (buying)
Tuesday, July 12, 2005 5:40 AM
I would say its a rip off, I bought my 2001 Z24 (loaded with everything) pretty much mint shape, well maintained, 53k miles, for about 6900$ US, look for a better deal man. Cavaliers are a very good cars that you can get for cheap if you shop around.
Tuesday, July 12, 2005 9:14 AM
yuk and its an OHV, shop around...you can find decent Z24's around here for like 3k
Tuesday, July 12, 2005 9:25 AM
I hear ads on the radio all time for $8500 brand new 05 cavs. Definatley shop some more.
Tuesday, July 12, 2005 9:46 AM
bought mine for 7k out the door with 55000 miles on it. offer them seven and if they dont like it give them your number and walk.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 2:43 PM
Thanks for the input, im trying at a different dealer, they've got several newer Cavs (03-05) that are used, and this nice 98 Sunfire GT, so hope they work out better than the dealer with the 02.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search