cel after turn off?? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cel after turn off??
Monday, July 18, 2005 6:25 PM
well, about 10 seconds after turning off my motor the cel flashes once. wtf? does anybody know what this is???

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Re: cel after turn off??
Monday, July 18, 2005 7:46 PM
i get that too sometimes apparently a flashing CEL means that there is a misfire, but when its off????
Monday, July 18, 2005 8:34 PM
yea i get it when its off lol

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 10:27 AM
yes i also get it whens its off lol, actually I saw it happen once and never paid much attention to it. I searched through the forums and that was all the info I could find about it.
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 11:42 AM
i have a 01 and i took mine to the dealer for that same problem and they that there was nothing wrong with the car.. and there was nothing they could do about the light flashing... they said the reason it does that is when you turn your car off there is still alot of voltage running through the wires that there is just enough to make the cel light flash just once....... Me personally i think they fed me a line of bs... but i dont have any problems with the car running or starting or anything so i just ignore it...

Monday, July 25, 2005 9:11 PM
my cel flashed 5 times and then 2 times after that while i was going down the road.... is that really a misfire?

Shush Weasel..i want my shirley temple
Monday, July 25, 2005 9:56 PM
yea I noticed my cav does it to it's an 01 and it's a couple seconds after I kill it.kinda random if you ask me!

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 2:01 AM
blkack4drcavy - I got the same answer from my dealer. after about 8-10sec, the light flash for .5 second.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 7:20 PM
well the messed up part about it is that i took it to 2 different dealers and one told me that they had to replace the cluster and then the dealer i bought the car from told me that there was nothing they could do about it..So like i said i just ignore and go on about my day.. I also figure if it blows up or something because of it it'll bne paid for and i can get me a colbalt or a new cavy....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search