2000 Cavlier 2.2 Sedan w/ Auto wrecked, need ideas - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2000 Cavlier 2.2 Sedan w/ Auto wrecked, need ideas
Friday, July 22, 2005 8:44 AM
Hello, I'm Wes and just joined the group. We have a two Cavaliers a '04 coupe and a '00 Sedan. The 2000 sedan has 2.2L automatic Transmission with 23k miles on it. It's also bi-fuel that uses compressed natural Gas (CNG) as well as regular gasoline. This car was wrecked last week. My 18 year old was hit by a runaway tree (ha ha) Everyone is fine, but now I need get some options on the repairs. The tree was hit straight on and the front bumper was pushed back against the engine, mainly radiator and condenser damaged. I know that the '00-02 are the primary matching vehicles, but will the Sunfires during the same yrs match just as well? What about front end parts from the older or newer cars? I don't care if the car won't look newer if I can replace the front w/ a cheaper older body style front end. I haven't been able to find very many front ends for a 00-02. Will the engine fit in the earlier yrs? I don't know if the body is worth putting more money into but since the CNG fuel is so much cheaper. It would be worth reusing the engine. Thanks for any help or advice. Wes

Re: 2000 Cavlier 2.2 Sedan w/ Auto wrecked, need ideas
Friday, July 22, 2005 4:53 PM
You can use any year of sunfire,you'll just have to get the hood, fender, and bumper and headlights. Im not sure if youre goin to have to rewire the headlights or not since you're got a 00 and they only have one beam unlike the 95-99 cavaliers that have 2 for high and low beams. You also might wanna get the crushguard(whatever its called) that goes under the bumber since the one on the cavy's damaged. Good luck. If you need more help check out exterior alot of ppl do sunfire/cavalier swaps.
Later
Redrider02

"i reject your reality and substitute my own." -adam savage "mythbusters"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search