water problem - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
water problem
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 4:15 PM
I notice when we have alot of rain or i just wash the car the front driver side wheel well on my 96 cav around the wheel well water dripes out of there for a while its strange, when you rock the car back and forth at the side of the car water drips out faster,just dripping alot by the mudflap,just thought maybe you guys may have an idea, just would like to get this fixed b4 a year later or two i have a hole there from water sitting up in the fender...thanks
Greg

Re: water problem
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 7:00 AM
It is the water that flows toward the driver side hood hinge. Look back there after you wash the car and see if there is a puddle of water there. I normally dry there and that takes care of the ignorance, not a problem.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 7:56 AM
no it comes out the wheel well behind the mudflap and it drips for a while on the driver side at the front,its drips for quite a while, like u wash it on a hot day and you can see the wet circle mark there for like hours, the other side seems fine. just wierd i duno.I see what your saying kinda in your post,look under the hood after i washed it,it does it any angle the cars on if the front is more down to the ground it wil come out more.I don't know
Friday, July 29, 2005 4:49 AM
I wonder if you are missing a plastic peice that prevents water getting into the fender from the wheel well. It is a long plastic piece that is about half the length of the fender BEHIDE the wheel well liners. Next to the door, it also helps to keep your door from freezing shut.

Hope that made sence.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search