'99 2.2L - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
'99 2.2L
Monday, August 01, 2005 10:12 PM
I was wondering...I just picked up a '99 2.2L for my wife and was curious to know if there was a listing of common defects/issues that I should keep an eye out for (like water pumps on my 2.4L)?

The car has 150,000km's on it, and I don't have much for maintenance records so this is why I am asking this question.

Thx!

J

Re: '99 2.2L
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 2:24 AM
don't know for sure but my 99 has is on its third power steering pump in the last year. the fan relay switch and thermostat went this last winter which led my car to overheat and blow all my antifreeze which led to needing a new headgasket. i bought it with 114k miles on it and now its up to 136k.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 9:18 AM
ive had my 2.2 from 54k to what im at now (almost 112k). only replaced the starter (to come to find out that wasnt the problem anyway), and water pump. thats all

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 3:31 PM
aboot 113000 miles and just a radiator hose and suspension that needed to be replaced, everything else was either electively replaced or courtesy of @!#$ty drivers.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search