'99 2.2L Fuel Guage Issue - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
'99 2.2L Fuel Guage Issue
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 8:18 PM
So it seems that the fuel guage is always reading FULL even though the tank is not which makes it hard to judge how much gas I indeed actually have in the tank. Any ideas as to what is wrong? I am hoping its not the sender as I heard they are NOT cheap

J

Re: '99 2.2L Fuel Guage Issue
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 8:35 PM
Could it be stuck?

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 4:39 AM
more than likely the sensor in the tank is bad. could be just a bad wire though or loose connection but more than likely its the sensor. drop the tank (the less gas in there the better for obvious reasons). take out the sensor and drop the new one in

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 7:17 AM
They aren' t to terrably expensive.

Part # 25317986 $121.99

I found that info in alldata

Thursday, August 04, 2005 7:16 AM
STLWACO wrote:They aren' t to terrably expensive.

Part # 25317986 $121.99

I found that info in alldata

What is this Alldata I have heard a couple people mention? GM software for your PC or something?

J
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 11:49 PM
www.alldata.com we use it at my school. it is a godsend to the automotive mechanic. but, i have had the same issue in my 01 twice. its the actual fuel level sensor in the tank, what happens is it gets coroded and goes on the fritz. mine just recently messed up again, but i have done nothing about it, it will read for the most part, but once i start getting near 1/4 tank, then i know i'm about to run out. i ran out of gas around 1/4 a few weeks ago. ironically, me and a friend were working on his honda and traveling between houses for tools and had just passed a gas station about a mile down the road. lol.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search