for those who have installed gauges - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
for those who have installed gauges
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 5:59 PM
hey Im just wondering which wires have you hooked you gauges up to for the ignition so you gauges come on when you start the car and which wire for the gauge lighting so it comes on when you turn your lights on.. well the light.. thanks!

Re: for those who have installed gauges
Monday, July 25, 2005 11:17 PM
there is a bundle of wire under the dash on the drivers side with black loom on them , they are going to the fuse and other places pull the loom off and your pink wires are ignition should be hot in run position use a test light to be sure you can push the tip of the test light through the wire coating , and on the lighting you need to find the fuse that runs the instrument cluster lighting and trace the wire that runs from that , it should be a gray wire dont quote me on that though !
I hope that helps you
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/797000-797999/797518_143_full.jpg
Monday, July 25, 2005 11:27 PM
I just ran it into the fuse box and towards the bottom on the right of the box, there is a red wire thats connected a clip going into a fuse, I wrapped the wire around that fuse and then plug the little red clip back into the fuse and your set, It didnt cause any issues blowing the fuse or anything like that.

Hope that helps..

Saturday, July 30, 2005 4:40 AM
*Twiztid Z24* wrote:I just ran it into the fuse box and towards the bottom on the right of the box, there is a red wire thats connected a clip going into a fuse, I wrapped the wire around that fuse and then plug the little red clip back into the fuse and your set

Not the way to do it. If you're going to do it, do it right. Don't just start jamming wires in the fuse box.

The best way to hook up gauges to power is to get into the wiring harness that goes to the factory gauge cluster. It will have ignition power and light power, that is dimmable. I believe the ignition power is pink, but don't quote me on it, use the method suggested by lloyd marcum. For the light, I'm pretty sure it's thr brown wire. If you hook your gauges up to this, you will be able to dim them just like the rest of the dash. When you splice, use a good butt splice or make a good solder splice and seal it with heat shrink tubing.

Remember, if you do it right the first time, you only have to do it once. You'll be glad you did.

Monday, August 08, 2005 12:03 AM
i have a couple wires hooked up in my fuse box, i think a guage is hooked up to the int. lights, and one is hooked up to the cig lighter, and never had any probs with it. been like that for over a year now.

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search